Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United Arsenal Tonight (will contain scores)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I would imagine the team fielded will be determined by how we are doing in the other competitions. If the league cup is our only realistic chance of silverware then I can see Fergie play the big guns.

I would like to see the youngsters picked, I have seen Eagles etc play quite a bit and I believe they can get past Chelsea .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Hopefully Fergie will play more or less the same team in the semis. The first leg is between the FA Cup and Liverpool away so I have no doubt that it will be they younger/reserve players. I couldnt even see Smith starting.

The second leg is in between Villa and the FA Cup 4th round so I doubt if anyone is risked again.

It will also be interesting to see if Maurinho leaves out his "back up" players like Cole, Gudjohnsen and Lampard for the games also as they will be quite busy themselves.

On the Richardson tackle I was half expecting him to get a second yellow after the final whistle went. Fortunes tackle on Van P near the finish was a beaut.

Miller had a good game but once again Djemba x 2 and Kleberson showed absolutely nothing. Au revoir come January/June. If you cant do it against a bunch of 18 year olds then theres no hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

bucks73 wrote:
    Miller had a good game but once again Djemba x 2 and Kleberson showed absolutely nothing. Au revoir come January/June. If you cant do it against a bunch of 18 year olds then theres no hope.

I'd agree with you here. If you look at some of the players that were brought in the summer before last, at least Bellion has shown some sort of improvement during that time. Djemba Djemba has shown nothing except that he can give the ball away alot and hasn't seemed to improve while he's been at the club. Kleberson has been unlucky with injuries but still doesn't look like he'll ever hold down a first team place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

United actually used a formation not dissimilar to what Liverpool used against Arsenal. It ended up being 3 v 2 in midfield and United dominated there. Djemba just sat in front of the back 4, and Arsenal could not get buy him. He had a job to do and I thought he did it well. Kleberson wasnt great, Miller had a lot of the ball, he tackled well, was neat and tidy, but didnt attack as well as he could.

No doubt IMO that ManU's reserves are better than Arsenal's reserves. Given their superiority though, they should have created a lot more chances. It was a poor game from a neutral perspective IMO.

Arsenal's youngsters proved to be a tad over-rated by the media. Clichy stood out as very good, and Senderos looks to have definite potential to be a class centre half. Lupoli looks like he might be very good, and van Persie showed his quality in patches but was very selfish on the occassions he did get the ball. The rest looked average to sh!te. But at least they're young....

Advertisement