Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls, I need your help!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

1. hugo boss....ride me now.
    2.i like red heads- its not a disadvantage.
    3.something nice being done as a surprise is a nice idea- dont go overboasrd(needy) just be thoughtful.. paddy casey tix?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

5) Stalking: NO!!!!!
    So wait, you DON'T stalk them? So many nights wasted in the bushes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Ok. I think we I can safely say I've bled every single drop of useful advice out of each and every single one of you, leaving you cold, dried up withered husks of human beings. So, moderator, feel free to delete this thread. When I start getting philisphical life advice from a load of 15 year olds, instead of actual advice (which, by the way, is just one, single, specific thing that should be done, let me say it again "Be yourself" is NOT, ever, advice) I know that it's time to get outta Dodge.

Thanks again everryone. Most of what you advised was what I was already doing, so it's good to know I'm on the right track.

And one more thing, I don't lack confidence. there's a difference between lacking confdence and honestly expressing a need for outside input.

And, before I forget, you CAN put attraction down to 8 quick statements, incredula, I just did. You can put everything down to a suitable number of quick statements. Remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

You want actual advice? Fine. A short list of actual advice.

1. Do not ask for advice then give out to people and say "that's not real advice".

2. Do not claim to be almightily confident when you don't even have the confidence to tell a sane person you find them attractive. It is not an insult, she is not a psychopath... therefore she will not kill you for telling her you like her.

3. Do not tell someone (Incredula / Muireann) they are wrong and then tell them to "Remember" your sage words. Twat.

4. Do be yourself, it is the single greatest piece of advice there is.

5. You claim actual advice is one single specific thing that ought to be done... you cannot win someone's heart, or even their company for a Saturday night, with one single specific gesture.

6. Do not assume you have bled people dry of advice, some people probably just don't wanna give you any God damn advice after some of the things you've said in this thread.

7. Do not assume everyone is 15.

7a. Do not assume that 15 year olds are idiots, emotionally or otherwise.

Good luck with the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

I'd just ask her out to the cinema or something. The crux of the situation is that one of you is going to have to take a risk at some point, and you have to presume it's going to be you. Cinema is good, because as people have said, it makes your intentions clear without you coming across being as crazily infatuated as you clearly are.
    Because yeah...cryptic guys are not fun. If you're basing all this on the vain hope that something will eventually just happen, you may be waiting a very long time.

So just take the chance and ask her out and be casual about it. If she says no, you know where you stand with minimum loss of diginity and you can resign yourself to being happy in the candle-lit shrine full of her pictures in your wardrobe.

And yes, I know it takes balls to ask someone out, but that in itself is impressive to any girl and unless she is an actual psychobitch, she won't be cruel about turning you down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

talk to the girl......... simple as that. if she likes you you'll know within 5 minutes, if she doesn't..... no harm done

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

snuffles wrote:
    she won't be cruel about turning you down.

Um. You'd be mighty surprised.
    7a. Do not assume that 15 year olds are idiots, emotionally or otherwise.

Thank you. Some people would like to have you believe that a person going through what is probably the most emotionally trying time of their life knows nothing about emotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

Um. You'd be mighty surprised.

Any girl who is a bitch about turning down a guy isn't worth it in the first place. Presuming the guy is sane and not 55 and hairy, there is no call to be cruel.

Meh. It seemed worth the shot at the times. The aftermath sucked ass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

snuffles wrote:
    ...she won't be cruel about turning you down...

<Flashback to Bill's 14th birthday>

...pone conversation after my girlfriend had not actually mentioned my birthday once...

"Oh Bill, this is kind of hard to say."
    "Go on..."
    "I don't think we should go out anymore."
    "Oh...'kay." <hangs up> "how unusual."

But we're pretty good friends anyway. The hilarity more than made up for cruelty of birthday dumping...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Turning you down and dumping are different.

Turning you down people will generally be nice 'cos they have nothing against you and probably don't know you that well.

Dumping, people probably know and in some cases hate you so it can be a tad more personal / spiteful.

I thought I'd include it anyway, it was sort of relevant and amusing.

The first time you told me that I wasn't sure how to react, whether to be supportive and say something meaningful ( :rolleyes: ) or to laugh, the you started to crack up and the reality was revealed to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

be yourself dear, if that doesn't work, she's not suited to you.
    if she likes the 'you' you change yourself to be, then she doesn't like the real you. you'll find someone. anyone who needs to does in the end, stay cool.
    you might thing she's the greatest thing since bread came sliced right now, but in a few months it'll be someone else and you'll get someone who FITS you. you might find if you got with ms.fabulous that she ain't all she cracked up to be.

or you could always have a big gang of mutual friends go out together at once and try to spend as much time with her as you can so she sees what your like then suggest doing it again; the next time about four or five friends, then just the two of you.

as quagmire would say 'awright'.

Oisín's whole "peacemaker " thing.
    love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Look, all this 'real you' stuff is bull****. He sees things in the short term. If she dont suit him, he can move on, satisfied that he got her. If theres a lesson that came from a kids tv show to be learned, he can learn it himself by going for it.
    PS. Just go for it mate, if you havent at this stage you are in danger of the friend zone.

Oh and make sure she likes tuna before eating any tuna sandwiches... that can and will get you in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Hmm. Might as well give you my 2c jack.

Just make friends with her. If after that something is meant to happen, it will. Don't try and force it. If she likes you, then you'll eventually pick up on it, or vice versa

Oh, and try to avoid staring at her chest

Raphael wrote:

Oh, and try to avoid staring at her chest

:rolleyes:

I do try....

Liar...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i thought you guys were ment to be smart?

*meant

Well you'd think that...

Raphael wrote:
    *meant

i thought you guys were ment to be smart?

The T is for Talented!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Any chance of an update bazookatone, or are ya too busy canoodling?

I think it's time to put the moves on her... use the mayan courting dance.

thank my buddy conor for the advice

crash and burn!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Ok. I think we I can safely say I've bled every single drop of useful advice out of each and every single one of you, leaving you cold, dried up withered husks of human beings. So, moderator, feel free to delete this thread.

All done? Excellent. It did look a tad boringly annoyingly boring.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement