Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miniature Display Lights?

Options
  • 01-12-2004 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to get small display lights, like the lights you see in jewellery shop windows, you know very small halogen lights.

I want them to light up two glass display cabinets I have at home as the down-lighters in the top section of the cabinets just do not supply enough light and I would like to have small lights at each shelf level.

Any ideas on price?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I presume you can get them in any good lighting store???

If not I think I spotted them in screwfix direct. BUT they do not ship to Ireland, but you could get them shipped to some one in NI or UK and get them shipped to you??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

As said by yop, you should get them in any good lighting store. I know the place beside the railway station in Mullingar does them and I've seen a few types in Ikea in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They tend to be low voltage and heat up like crazy. In one pharmacy I did, they were boiling the perfume in the bottles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

http://www.genesis13.com/browse.asp?ID=3&offset=-1

www.genesis13.com

Check the LV downlights and Tracks, once again Victor is correct, maybe try a strip flourescent arrangement, a fraction of the rinning cost, safer etc

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I might go with something more traditional.

the cabinets I have are corner units shaped like a right angle triangle in plan they are glass on all sides except top bottom and mirror backed, they have four glass shelves and contain items such as a crystal ornaments you know the little small ones and some larger pieces of Waterford.

So I might just mount spots on the ceiling and shine them into the units.

• Advertisement
Advertisement