Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your shoe size?

• 01-12-2004 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭

Seeing how there is a thread about height I thought I might as well start this one. Shoe size is 15 (16 in the US) and extremely narrow- maybe I should change my profile to ski-feet! Damn near impossible to get shoes in this country-order from the States and hope they fit.

So how about you lot? I know I am not alone since they don't even blink when I go to Heathers in Dublin.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

15? jaysus. A measly ten when talking to you. Well, 10/11 in trainer. 9/10 in a shoe or boot. Crazy mismatching standards that shoes have these days. even differs between trainer manufacturers i've noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Mine are 11 ... but Christ a 15, you must be a real hit with the ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Dutchboy

Im 6'4' and a size 14shoe,(15 us) and i find it impossible to get shoes here aswell! i usually get mine in Holland or order them if they are eccos . where do you get them in america?has it worked out for you? i was thinking about it as its a good time to buy american at the moment.......... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Hi guys, hope you don't mind a newbie chipping in.... I don't know about you, but I've found over the last 5 or so years I seem to have come down a size - [now then, we're just talking about feet, right? :)] I used to be buying size 14 or 15, now it seems I can get a size 13 to fit occasionally. Whether this is because my feet have shrunk or shoe sizes have become slightly more generous, I don't know! Is it possible for feet to, er, lose weight?! :confused:

But still, it seems impossible to buy shoes over here! Sometimes you get lucky with size, but you hardly get lucky with choice of styles :(

I'm off to America soon anyway, the promised land of big shoes. I'd offer to take orders, but I only have room to bring back so many pairs of boats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

yeah Im size 14, but very broad feet too. Buying shoes is depressing. I just buy cowboy kinda style boots, they look good with jeans and are very big fitting and easier to find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Fcuking hell!.....15! :eek:

me im just a size 12!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

size 11 and sometimes 10 depending on runner/shoe make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

12/13 here

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I'm a size 3 or 3 and half. And no, I'm not a kid although sometimes I have to buy shoes in the children's dept. Kids shoes are usually more comfy and are a lot cheaper! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

10 or 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Yeah real hit with the ladies when I am trodding on their feet or they go flying over mine! As to Kermettes size- have a few friends with small feet that can simply put my shoes on over theirs...novelty stops when they start walking and fall all over the place!
    Buy most of my shoes from Shoebuy.com or Onlineshoes.com but they will ONLY SHIP TO THE US. If you have somebody in the States the shipping is free and on Shoebuy the returns/exchanges are free as well. If anybody is visiting the States I recommend trying the outlets- usually find a few pairs in Nordstroms Rack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I am a 6-8, depending on the make etc. Bear in mind I'm fairly tall for a girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

11-12.
    have a thread up about the joys of finding footwear for big feet here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=205157

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm a 4, and my fella is a 12. He finds it hard enough to get cool shoes as well, as lots of trainers are stocked up only to size 11.

But he has said that some size 11's are starting to fit him of late, so maybe shoe sizes are getting bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

usually 12, sometimes i go up to a 13 depending on make. I have really broad feet as well which makes it harder to get comfortable footwear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

a ha!!
    found bigfoot, he's in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

8-9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was trying to check what size mine are... but the number is well worn off... I haven't actually bought new footware in almost 5 years... and I only have one pair... I've never really been into the whole footware thing...

But I should probably think about geting a new pair for christmas perhaps...

And size 15??? That's Sideshow Bob territory there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i'm a size 12.. but last time i tried a size 12 on they didn't fit!! i haven't bought shoes in about 18 months tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

im a size 13!!! and ye all know what they say about big feet!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

woosaysdan wrote:
    im a size 13!!! and ye all know what they say about big feet!!! :D

A lady once said to me about my size 14
    " is it true what they say about willy size and shoe size"
    I replied
    "No, if it was I'd be a size 20"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This discussion has been closed.