Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porch: Full glass door or bar in the middle?

• 01-12-2004 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Dont want a letter box in the porch as I heard they get smashed up easily. Is there anything i should watch out for if getting a full glass porch door? The glass is some sort of safety glass.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sirpsycho wrote:
    Dont want a letter box in the porch as I heard they get smashed up easily.
    Really? How? :confused:

How will your post be delivered? Do you expect the postman to wander into your porch ....
    sirpsycho wrote:
    Is there anything i should watch out for if getting a full glass porch door? The glass is some sort of safety glass.
    Make sure there is something contrasting to make sure people don't walk into the glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Victor wrote:
    Make sure there is something contrasting to make sure people don't walk into the glass

yep definitely!! we had a full glass porch sliding door at home and the poor dog used to run top speed aiming at the garden to bark her head off at someone coming into the house... dunno how many times she slammed into it!! poor thing.. :D had to laugh though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Careful of the type of the glass in those doors! I know a guy who nearly lost a leg after walking straight into one of those doors.

The glass broke off in knife sharp lengths, fell straight on to his leg and very nearly severed tendons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh, just for the record, I would go for the bar in the middle (a "two panel door")

Advertisement