Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Castleknock

Options
  • 01-12-2004 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

I'm currently thinking of leaving my house in Bedford Falls to live in Castleknock. Looking at three bed semi's on nicemove.ie, I see a lot of houses for roughly EUR 320000. My question is, does anyone know whether houses in Castleknock usually go for in and around the guideline price or does the guideline price get left in the distance, e.g. does a house with a guidline price of 320 go for 350 (or more!!)
    The house here in Bedford went for about 20 grand more than the guide price three years ago!!
    I suppose people I'm looking to hear from are those who may have purchased in Castleknock (or the surrounding areas)
    Thanks,
    GB.

PS No, I'm not loaded. I'll be getting quite a bit of help from family to buy this
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

Castleknock is a big place and seems to be forever expanding
    where exactly are you looking to buy
    there are loads of different areas within Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

To be honest I've just started looking. So at the minute, anywhere in the general area will do (although if you have any advice on areas to avoid etc it would be appreciated). I just need to know whether it's a realistic option or not. Basically, the max I could go to would be 350 for which I would be hoping to get a decent 3 bed semi in a reasonably pleasant and convienient area (I don't ask for much do I !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

I dont believe for that price that you will get anywhere near Castleknock Village (where Myos Pub is).

Then again you may not even be looking around there. As I said before Castleknock is for ever expanding. Im allways hearing of new areas that
    are apparently in Castleknock that I previously never would have thought classified as Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Carpenterstown which is close to Castleknock would give you a better choice than the village itself where traditionally properties are more expensive.

Any of the newer developments in this area such as Woodbrook, Fernleigh and Annfield are in and around your price range. You may not get exactly what you are looking for but there are some spacious townhouses/duplexes around. These bring with them the inevitable management fees which can vary in amount.

I've lived in the area for a number of years now and have no real complaints except that it's becoming more built up and therefore the ensuing problems this brings with it i.e. traffic congestion, train overcrowding but any area can have this! Hope this is of some help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Haruspex wrote:
    Carpenterstown which is close to Castleknock would give you a better choice than the village itself where traditionally properties are more expensive. .

Absolutely true, there isn't that many standard 3-beds near the village so there is a definite premium on any.
    Haruspex wrote:
    Any of the newer developments in this area such as Woodbrook, Fernleigh and Annfield are in and around your price range. You may not get exactly what you are looking for but there are some spacious townhouses/duplexes around. These bring with them the inevitable management fees which can vary in amount..

Also consider Laurel Lodge, Luttrellstown, Riverwood areas. BTW management on a house in Fernleigh/Annfield is about €350 per year, more for duplexs, much more for apartments.
    Haruspex wrote:
    I've lived in the area for a number of years now and have no real complaints except that it's becoming more built up and therefore the ensuing problems this brings with it i.e. traffic congestion, train overcrowding but any area can have this! Hope this is of some help to you.

Tend to agree, no real complaints, but a closer pub to my place would be nice! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Cheers lads (lassies?) Carpenterstown and Luttrellstown etc have been noted and passed on to Mrs Bailey :)

Advertisement