Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Old schoool racing bike

Options
  • 01-12-2004 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Thinking of upgrading my bike in jan , and I've been around a few of the shops but i cannot find the bike i want,

Basically I'm looking for a sports 125/250 with the fairing shaping into one single light only , basically a 1970's look .

Remember when you were a kid and you would have pictures of Lambourghini's and also motor bikes racing up on your bedroom wall, always some artists impression of the bikes , well that what i'm looking for . preferably in old orange and black but sure the paint can always be modded . going to have a quick google for what I'm talking about, (5mins later) ok so an unsuccessful google.
    I'll put this post up for now and see what images I can find after lunch.

For anyone thats been to lucan motorcycles recently , i saw a crashed one there (must have been 78 model,still don't know the name) but it was a customers bike and badly crashed .

Thanks
    Fionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Oh you be looking for something like an air-cooled Yamaha RD250 and they are as rare as hens gnashers. They were raced in several formats, the TZ250, RZ250 and they changed from air-cooled to liquid cooled somewhere in the late 70's. Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki all made small-bore two strokes but they are getting really hard to find. Give Leo O'Reilly in Drumcondra a bell, but be sure of what you want or he'll fe3k you off the phone.

The more exotic stuff has become collectable and very expensive, Benelli, MV Agusta, Moto Guzzi, Bimota, and the older British stuff - Triumph, BSA, Norton, Enfield etc is getting too hard to find also. Stick an ad in the Wanted section of the Buy and Sell and see what comes back.

Do you know how to change a head gasket? Oh you will soon....

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Did A quick search myself and can't seem to find one, but I know exactly what you are talking about.

Moto Guzzi make soemthing similar although without the side fairing but are you looking for something like this.

http://www.combattiva.it/motoguzzi/pagine/modelli/frm2.asp?modello=v11rosso

v11rs_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Pat%204.jpg

orange and black seems to be laverdas colors
    the laverda 1000 fully faired is the one i think your describing

not sure about 250s tho
    have a look around , they dont seem to be waht your after

http://www.classic-motorcycle-fiberglass.com/
    check them out aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Mmmm.... Ducati SportClassic..

Doesn't fit your bill, but...... nice....

grey5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dee mm

emmmmm................ Ducati emmmmm......................................... :D

Have you seen the list price on those!!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement