Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike lights that won't turn on by accident

Options
  • 01-12-2004 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    my brother has asked me to find him a xmas pressie of bike lights/leds that either only turn on when in their bracket, or when you hold the button in for a couple of seconds. The reason he wants this is cos he takes them off the bike in college and is fed up with finding them flat in the evening, after having bumped them off something in his bag.
    If anyone knows of any lights which match this criteria, could you please let me know
    Many thanks
    Kenmc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Go for Smart Polaris front LED and Smart rear 7-LED lights - check eBay and you'll see lots of these. They all have a recessed or rubber button which is hard to switch accidentally. I just bought a set of the above for £16stg inc batteries and postage from these guys; info@oxfordbikes.com

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ta. i'll look for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I get that a lot too.

"Rory, your bag is flashing again..."

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Item number: 7117085910 on ebay £10.50 inc postage for both front and back 5 LED smart lights. I emailed him and asked and he said post is the same to ireland

and you get a puncture repair kit free.

I got a cheapo led light in a "pound shop" in mary street for 2 euro, works ok but isnt that bright. It used to turn itself off when I went over a big bump, problem was batteries were vertical so it bumped and the battery came off the spring for a split second resetting the light. I now have it placed horizontal and have no problems.

Advertisement