Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for PES4?

Options
  • 01-12-2004 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Greetings,
    I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for pes4.
    I used to be the best amongest my mates at pes3, then 4 comes along and bang, all my mates are trashing me 2-1, 3-1 etc, etc. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I even think I've gotten better (graduated to five star compu games)
    I know it's a bit of a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice, tips or little tricks.

My biggest problem seems to be scoring. I'm grand with defence, but any time I go on the attack I almost always end up missing and then getting destroyed on the counter attack.
    So yeah, any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Through ball is a little TOO good in 4, so use it alot. You need to let power bar go up a little higher than in 3, took me a few games to stop tapping the ball at the keeper in 1v1's :)

Also, if your having probs scoring, try doing dummy shot every now and then, or take it around keeper or chip him if hes rushing out. (dummy/chip are in training mode) Otherwise, low and hard into a corner :)

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

All who think the pro evo board should be more directly in public view ,ie under games say aye.
    AYE! :)

Dcully wrote:
    All who think the pro evo board should be more directly in public view ,ie under games say aye.

Needs lots of posts to get into games i would imagine.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dcully wrote:

Aye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

Dcully wrote:

AYE AYE!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

word

• Registered Users Posts: 54,339 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im a legend at chipping on pro evo is alot easier to score by chipping

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If you play anyone half decent they will realise pretty quickly how to stop you scoring if all you do is chip shots.

and the free kicks are easy to score with

• Advertisement

snoopdog i really want to play you now.

If you have it for pc? Fancy taking on The Catalan giants? Ronaldinho and Guily and Deco And Eto are waiting for a challenge...

i have a pc mate but i dont have a broadband and i only play my pro evo 4 on the xbox

too bad mate i could have creamed ya its a pity :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Aye!

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Cannibal Ox, it's hard to give someone tips without seeing them play.

Swallow your pride and do some training routines. It'll teach you long shots, volley shots, free kicks etc. If you're missing your shots I assume your trying to curl the ball too much. It's something I'm stuggling with at the mo. I've found that direct shots (rather than aiming wide and curling in) are more successful.

Learn to head the ball! They've made crossing easier but headers harder. The best way to head the ball is hold R2 and move your player away from the flight of the ball (so he can get a more controlled header). You have to hope the defenders f*** up rather than using R2 to push them.

snoopdog wrote:
    i have a pc mate but i dont have a broadband and i only play my pro evo 4 on the xbox

too bad mate i could have creamed ya its a pity :D:p

I bet you are awful.

cheesedude wrote:
    I bet you are awful.

lol if you only knew

yo lads in carrer mode not the one with the real names but the other one with castola and others what were yere best buys
    just wondering

snoopdog wrote:
    lol if you only knew

yo lads in carrer mode not the one with the real names but the other one with castola and others what were yere best buys
    just wondering

then get some broadband and let us duel!

i cant get broadband in my area mate for a lest 2 more years
    i live in a village

your lucky i cant i kicked you asss at pro evo 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

I bet you're useless.
    It's all well and good to hide behind your computer and say stuff like you're the best but until you actually prove yourself you should just keep your mouth shut.
    Unless you're willing to actually find a way to play someone at a LAN or something, but even then you'd probably only get humbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

aye!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

anyway, can someone tell me how to take a shot that doesn't go straight at the keeper or just wide?

To Quote My Beginners guide to PES4
    I can pass shoot beat players ,have a 23221327287598735 formation which works, am i the best ?

Lesson:5 You are not the best and never will be
    Objective: Take thumping defeats with a smile

............................ You will be beaten by the CPU and by me online, its not cos you suck....................... more.....

kdjac

eyerer wrote:
    anyway, can someone tell me how to take a shot that doesn't go straight at the keeper or just wide?

Go to training and do the shooting challenge then its simply a matter of not kicking it to him but to whichever part of the goal you want to simply by aiming there.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Yuri

Its too hard to score :(

Yuri wrote:
    Its too hard to score :(

whose is up front for ya mate [forwards]

i like strikers which are fast like Anelka just a through ball and Anelka with his great speed buries the ball in the back of the net

can you chip Yuri come in handy one on one with the goaly

Advertisement