Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with Grant Offices

• 01-12-2004 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I hope that someone here would be able to tell me why it was impossible for my grants office, County Cork VEC, to be able to print me a letter stating what form of grant I am recieving for this academic year today?!!?

Apparently I have to write to them a letter and hope that they get around to reading it and then hope that they might in fact send me the letter out in the near future.

Have they not heard of computers?!!!?

Is there no a system in place where they enter my, what I hope it should be, unique grant reg. number and up comes my details and it's only a matter of printing that information and then signing it??? In college they have a system where they have a standard form in which all they need to fill in are the relavent details and then sign it.

I was even willing to call into the office.

To be honest, I'm more annoyed about the way in which the woman on the phone spoke to me.

Government bodies, argh!!!!!

I won't even go into the fact that I wasn't able to get Student Credits for Dental Treatment under the PRSI because I am a STUDENT. Now how the hell does that make sense.

Sorry about the rant, this just really bugged me.
    Has anyone had any similar situations? Should I really feel sorry for them??

A.

Advertisement