Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting online store?

Options
  • 01-12-2004 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i've been toying with the idea of starting an online store.

i'm not really sure where to start.....

1. i take it i have to do all that business reg stuff

2. online store software, which one works and is best value?

basicly, has anyone on here done this, and could they point me in the right drection.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

to process credit cards you will need a trading history, if not there are various companies that process it for you but charge typically 10% of total sale cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Oscommerce is a excellent piece of e-commerce software (and its open source!). There is a massive amount of information for it on how to customise it to do exactly what you want it to do.

I've also been looking into this the easyist part seems to be going and registering a domain and setting up the actual shopping basket itself. I've put my idea on hold for the moment but during my research it really seemed that the only thing that would cause any serious head scratching would be arranging and implementing the secure credit card transaction and of course verification.

Apologies for a not so informative post but trust me Oscommerce will take a lot of the bull**** and cost out of the equation

ChRoMe

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks, i'll check em out.
    ChRoMe wrote:
    Oscommerce is a excellent piece of e-commerce software (and its open source!). There is a massive amount of information for it on how to customise it to do exactly what you want it to do.

I've also been looking into this the easyist part seems to be going and registering a domain and setting up the actual shopping basket itself. I've put my idea on hold for the moment but during my research it really seemed that the only thing that would cause any serious head scratching would be arranging and implementing the secure credit card transaction and of course verification.

Apologies for a not so informative post but trust me Oscommerce will take a lot of the bull**** and cost out of the equation

ChRoMe

Advertisement