Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad repping for no reason

Options
  • 01-12-2004 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

can anythign be done, sheep_ and his associates bad rep'd me over a post that was totally unjustified, can anything be done?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Prepare to feel the pain (of bad rep)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

heggie wrote:
    can anythign be done, sheep_ and his associates bad rep'd me over a post that was totally unjustified, can anything be done?

Yeah, you can stop your whining.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

heggie wrote:

yes. we can have them beaten for disagreeing with your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

heggie wrote:

Well you have just justified a heap of bad rep now mon ami.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I always give negative rep to those who start threads about rep. It's nothing personal, I just hate threads about rep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

yeh your a funny bunch of twats, bring it on. If you look at the post, its not even about an opinion

heggie wrote:
    yeh your a funny bunch of twats, bring it on. If you look at the post, its not even about an opinion

oh dear... :confused:

its a clear abuse of the rep system, anyway do what you want if you're that childish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

pam wrote:
    I always give negative rep to those who start threads about rep. It's nothing personal, I just hate threads about rep.

why don't you rate the thread instead?

what are we bringing on?

heggie wrote:
    its a clear abuse of the rep system, anyway do what you want if you're that childish

if there was personal abuse in the rep remarks then bring that to the admins attention...otherwise it's just whining about how people are dissing you....go have a look in the cukoos nest forum for the rep thread if you want to get some of the rep back you are and will lose as a consequence of this thread....

• Advertisement

And so the newbie lashes out with vitriolic petulance as only an angsty teenager can. Gwan heggie, give us some more of your righteous indignation.

heggie wrote:

Well, if you linked to the post the few people who care what you think of them might have looked at it. As it is, I have no interest in searching out the cause of your complaint.

WhinersLosers.jpg

how do u bring something to admins attention ? i thought this was the forum for that

quarryman wrote:
    why don't you rate the thread instead?

It's natural justice to bad rep people whinging about getting bad rep. Besides, very few people use the thread rating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

heggie wrote:
    how do u bring something to admins attention ? i thought this was the forum for that

There's a "report bad post" button somewhere there on the left under your username. Posting a thread about rep is a surefire way of receiving bad rep. So hard luck there, 'cos you'll be fúcked for rep shortly. Of course if you care about rep, than your life is fúcked anyway.

heggie wrote:

Why do you think that someone giving you bad rep is worthy of the admins attention? Is an abstract number belonging to only you more important than the running of this community?

Would you go to the Dáil and demand to speak if someone posted a letter through your door saying they didn't like your opinion?

The answer to all of these questions is no. So shut up and stop whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

The sheep's a fool
    he give some rep
    Sheep hurt heggie hard
    This time heggie will break down
    sheep’s lost his trust
    And so he must
    All is lost
    The system has broke down

Rep has broke down
    This boy is crack’in up
    This boy has broke down

sheep plays it hard
    sheep plays it tough
    But thats enough
    The love is over
    sheep broke his heart and that is rough
    But in the end you’ll soon recover

The rep is over
    This boy is crack’in up
    This boy has broken down
    This boy is crack’in up
    This boy has broke down

<amended from Old Town by Phil Lynott>

:eek:

heggie wrote:

Well, thats a start.

Here's why you deserved bad rep:

No thread spoiling (from For Sale charter)

And starting this thread's got you a shed load more I presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It's a shame you lost your temper on this thread Heggie.

• Advertisement

yeh well **** it dont really care anymore, thanks for those that gave positive. I still dont think its right that people with nothing to do with the post can post bad rep on someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

heggie wrote:

I bad repped you because you abused people on here, abused people on the original post and started a thread giving out because people have a low opinion of you.

John

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

pam wrote:

I have also been enforcing this policy....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Can I get everyone who gives me bad rep with "Jimmy Eat World suck" as the comment banned? I got another one today.

Can I also get a forum for menus? I does like them menus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to heggie again.

:(

Lump wrote:
    I bad repped you because you abused people on here, abused people on the original post and started a thread giving out because people have a low opinion of you.

John

thats a total lie, i was helping the guy on the original post

heggie wrote:
    thats a total lie, i was helping the guy on the original post

That may have been your intention, but the result was he spent as much time answering your (and Maoltuile - who decided to try sell his/her own laptop on the thread, nice of him/her) comments as he spent dealing with bids for the laptop.

If you're not interested in the laptop don't post on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Lets get off heggie for a moment.

I had a look at the thread in question. The seller refuses to post a model number so all the other posts are justified in asking or noting what he is selling doesn't fit known computer specs.

Also the Rep system is a joke. I find it somewhat funny that Sheep says something like...
    I was going to reply with something but you have negative rep Maoltuile, so your obviously a muppet, and not just here

When in fact sheep just got his rep from whoring it off the cuckoo thread.

heggie just ignore the rep TBH, if they keep it up report it on the HELP forum or report it if anyone is being offensive in the bad rep comments. But your post certainly wasn't justified to get bad rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

reember the older karma system was removed from boards because it was stupid

how long does the rep system have left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Sweet. It was my bad rep that turned him red.

It was only possible, however, because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.

Advertisement