Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad repping for no reason

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I find some of the larger green icon 'superstars' ironic considering that they have probably begged for all the green rep in various threads then give negative to someone who is asking a question about negative rep. Fun and games and all that.

Fun and games indeed. Having lots of green rep doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to neg rep whiney people. If you're mean and whiney, odds are I'll give you neg rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That is true but it has to said that asking a question about the bad rep process is not 'mean and whiney'. If people have seen it all before (as I suspect is the case), why even open the thread?

Ah but he is mean and whiney, just read over his posts. If he was asking in a calm and friendly manner I wouldn't neg rep him personally, but he's being whiney and attacking people so I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I was referring to his original post at the start of the thread, then a lot pile in with negative rep thus leading the thread starter to go off the rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hobbes wrote:
    Whats funny in all this is not only Sheep tell me he got all his friends to neg rep him, but also whined when I neg repped him.

If your going to use a system to try and piss someone off you don't really have the right to whine when its done back to you.
    same here, I -rep'd him for a post and then he gets 3 mates to -rep me then gives out about it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

but isnt thats whats the system is for though???

woosaysdan wrote:
    but isnt thats whats the system is for though???
    isnt what what the system is for?
    Tit for Tap repping?
    Gangs of Rep hooligans?

Wont somebody please think of the children!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i thought the system was for bullying people?

you mean, it isnt?

hmmmmmm, interesting.

it so that people can post up threads here about member X - repping member Y!!! and member X getting more - rep for been a muppet!!! thats whats the whole rep thing is for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I managed to knock another star off this threads rating because its s***e.
    Positive rep for heggie. Done.
    The healing starts here people.
    Why hasn't this thread been locked? Hmmmmmmmmmm...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I was referring to his original post at the start of the thread, then a lot pile in with negative rep thus leading the thread starter to go off the rails.

falling_down.jpg

.logic.

logic1 wrote:
    falling_down.jpg

.logic.
    Thats Magic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

i thought the system was for bullying people?

Thats how its going to end up. I could take it to the next stage* but I would be liable to be slapped for it.

* Another board I read disabled Rep after another incident which followed on from people abusing to get green dots (eg. cuckoo thread). Only a matter of time before someone cops on and does it here.

Papa Smut wrote:
    Thats Magic! :D
    No, thats PSP. (and having far too much time on your hands)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You must be rushed off your feet replying to this thread every 5 minutes.
    It was pretty good.

yes the pic was rather enjoyable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

heggie wrote:
    can anythign be done, sheep_ and his associates bad rep'd me over a post that was totally unjustified, can anything be done?

At least get my name right, thanks.

_sheep wrote:
    At least get my name right, thanks.

I'd give him neg rep for that, _sheep.

koneko wrote:
    I'd give him neg rep for that, _sheep.

Hold on, ill start a thread asking people to bad rep him.

he'll have to spread it first!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think that instead of redirecting administrator*AT*boards.eye-ee mail to /dev/null, it should be redirected to a script which places it on a world-viewable page marked "whiners/idiots", complete with headers and email addresses.

You know it mocks sense.

seamus wrote:
    I think that instead of redirecting administrator*AT*boards.eye-ee mail to /dev/null, it should be redirected to a script which places it on a world-viewable page marked "whiners/idiots", complete with headers and email addresses.

You know it mocks sense.
    LOL now thats an idea you might be on to something there

That and ban rep threads. Rep is an opinion and should be freely expressable however a member sees fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

not if you are getting your friends to join in in the neg repping though. that is abuse .

besides what is all the bitching about you can get the rep back in the cookoos nest.

oh yeah and neg repping moderators who leave threads about rep open for more than 24 hours as tated by me before still stands by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 helpdogscat

will all you complainers please give it a rest, whats worse than a whiner ?
    a bore !!

that means all you repetitious 'stop with the rep threads' guys

you know who you are !

will all you complainers please give it a rest, whats worse than a whiner ?
    Oh I dunno, someone who whines about other whiners?
    You sir are a whiner squared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

whats worse than a whiner ?

cancer

whats worse than a whiner ?
    people starting a thread about rep

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i need +rep quick! somone has neg repped me, and i need to feel the healing!

please help!

it will make baby jebus stop with the whinging....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

pam wrote:
    I don't reply to each and every one. Most times I just bad rep the thread starter and leave it at that.

I've -repped you back, for posting incorrect information and calling me a knobber. Unfortunately this has turned your previously green rep to red, but when you play with matches...

Then I went and turned him green instead of redder...damn rep box, why can't disapprove be selected all the time? ;)

Advertisement