Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair credit card charges

Options
  • 01-12-2004 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

I know this has come up a few time, but I've searched for it and haven't found an answer to this:

Is there any option for us punters in Ireland to avoid the CC charge of €2.50 a flight? Do they accept Laser, and what charges do they apply for using it?

I know I can book with a travel agent, but that will cost me an arm and a leg. I've booked four return flights in the last two days (two sets of two) and its cost me €20. Thats a hefty service charge for two credit card transactions.

Please keep this on topic, we all know they advertise 99c flights then throw on the taxes and charges (and I don't have a problem with that).

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

If Laser is classed as a Debit card, there is a 60c charge per person per single flight. I do not know if Laser is accepted by Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If Laser is classed as a Debit card, there is a 60c charge per person per single flight. I do not know if Laser is accepted by Ryanair.
    I don't think they accept laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Correct Ryanair don't take Laser in Ireland . Credit cards are a nice money earner for them

In the UK they take whatever is the UK equivalent of Laser at the lower charge as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

debit card names
    IE=Laser
    UK=Switch/Solo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

vector wrote:
    debit card names
    IE=Laser
    UK=Switch/Solo

Actually UK = Maestro (Switch branding is being phased out)/Solo and Visa Delta.

I don't think they are able to take Visa Electron - I have a funny feeling Electron debit cards can only be used when the person is present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Actually UK = Maestro (Switch branding is being phased out)/Solo and Visa Delta.

If that is the case then, my laser card is also a Maestro card which can be used! Happy days! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

No Laser Cards don't work even though they have the International Maestro. Ryanair an Irish compnay, yet everything they do is to make life easier for the British. Lots of people in UK actually think they are an English company.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Skyuser wrote:
    No Laser Cards don't work even though they have the International Maestro. Ryanair an Irish compnay, yet everything they do is to make life easier for the British. Lots of people in UK actually think they are an English company.
    4 million Vs 56 million..

Can't figure out why.. ahem

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

4 million Vs 56 million..

Can't figure out why.. ahem

Couldn't they make it easy for all their customers, regardless of nationality?

:p

Advertisement