Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breeder help

Options
  • 01-12-2004 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

helloha,

we have a yorkshire terrier for whom we lost the official IKC papers when he was a year old. he was born on the 12th of january 1995. the breeder was in the naas area, and predominantly bred yorkies, but has since moved. he came with papers, but they were mislaid, as i mentioned.

the IKC weren't at liberty to give us the name of the breeder, as we couldn't prove anything without the papers, so we couldn't get his papers reissued.

we want to breed him now, but we are worried now that no breeders will touch him because we don't have his lineage on paper. does anyone on this board know of any yorkie breeders who were based in the area of naas at the time?

any help would be much appreciated.

ta,

dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not being smart, but he's nearly 10 years old now. Is he actually capable of breeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

i get your point, but you see we have 2 yorkshire terriers, the problem is that the bitch is a miniature, and he's a *large* full size. they're "technically" incompatible, not that that stops him trying. he's capable alright, we've had to clean up enough times if you get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

LOL, my parents have Jack Russells, so I know only too well.

Good luck then, he is a handsome little dog

Advertisement