Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A question for the ladies

• 01-12-2004 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Need to get a present for Mrs claus for christmas and she's stipulated no home made presents.
    Had thought of buying lingerie, but contrary to popular belief Mrs Claus is in fact petite and only a size 8.
    I've tried figleaves.com but the smallest they seem to do is a size 10.
    Anyone know anywhere that would stock a size 8 ? (preferably on-line to save the usual embarrassment of buying 2 of whatever is nearest the till regardless of size colour etc to ensure a quick exit!)

Thanks

Santa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Perhaps Splendour might be worth investigating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Try Knickerbox. They're just inside the door on the right hand side as you go into St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.
    Alternatively try http://www.knickerbox.co.uk

PS. Mr. Santy, sir, do I get an extra christmas pressie for helping you find a pressie for Mrs. Claus??? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Well I got the other half Agent Provecateur undies from Brown Thomas the other day and got the suspender belt in the wrong size, they changed it no problem.

Have to admit that I'd recommend it as an "in person" job as the whole experience was quite enjoyable. Talking about underwear to pretty girls with not a lot on would have to be one of the more enjoyable christmas shopping events.

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

does cutting a slit into a pair of knickers she already owns count as homemade? what if you get a professional seamstress to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The girls in Anne Summers tend to be really friendly and helpful but if you're getting the present for her and not yourself you'd be better going with Agent Provecateur or La Perla...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

calhob_ie wrote:
    Well I got the other half Agent Provecateur undies from Brown Thomas the other day and got the suspender belt in the wrong size, they changed it no problem.

Have to admit that I'd recommend it as an "in person" job as the whole experience was quite enjoyable. Talking about underwear to pretty girls with not a lot on would have to be one of the more enjoyable christmas shopping events.

Chris

did you convince them to model the stuff you were buying or something? if so care to share how you managed that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sleepy wrote:
    La Perla...

THE sexiest female underwear you can buy.

An ex of mine loved it, and I loved her in/out of it too!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Priceyest too unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

8's a standard size, you can get it anywhere.

This was just your excuse to start an underwear thread, wasn't it? :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I was in chicago on J1 and was bringing my lovely girlfriend home a set of lingerie from Victoria's Secret. Oh i enjoyed allowing a girl to try the stuff on for me to see if i liked it on...one of the many bonuses when being there in person. my my...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Can't believe you're having trouble finding a size 8! Everything is bloody size eight these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Victoria's Secret

They have the nicest lingerie in VS and you'd have no problem getting a size 8 there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

simu wrote:

This was just your excuse to start an underwear thread, wasn't it? :)

I'd say it was more a case of bragging that his ol doll is a size 8.

That said, I am enjoying the links on this thread immensely! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Oh come on!, this present is more for yourself then anyone else ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh come on!, this present is more for yourself then anyone else ;)

Santa is a cross dresser! Shock!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 Bob_Hoskins

try victorias secret , and read up in a few magazines on style tips etc - major brownie points to be scored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

you can definetely get size 8 on figleaves as ordered the other day and got size 8... for my mammy ;)

anyway see here
    http://muppet.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=206310

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

check www.clarins.com works everytime......... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

chump wrote:
    you can definetely get size 8 on figleaves as ordered the other day and got size 8... for my mammy ;)

Buying lingerie for your mammy Chump......Ya sick puppy. Technically I should put you on the naughty list for that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Hang on hang on!

Your telling me there's actually shops like in Enemy of the State where the sales assistances are ALL hot and wearing the 'clothes'???
    And in Ireland? In Victoria's Secret maybe but in Ireland? Since when?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

try knicker box , they do most sizes .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Size 8? Normally with lingerie you are dealing with cup sizes...

Love Kylie can be found on Figleaves and most of her sizes are tiny - I know from experience as I would be an 8 but with a big cup size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Nah, the "uniform" in Agent Provacateur is a tiny little all in one dress which is split to the belly button, well just about, and they wear the underwear underneath. Actually the day I was there they were having some kind of underwear launch and there were several girls standing around modelling underwear.

Ah it was like some pubescant boys dream come to life, actually it was like being 14 again and seeing the lingerie section of the grattan catalogue come to life, but i digress.

Brownie point wise La Perla or AP stuff will win the most brownie points sliding down to Ann Summers split crotch specials at the other end which will only end in embarressment for both parties.

Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

CathyMoran wrote:
    I know from experience as I would be an 8 but with a big cup size.

pics. now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Thats what i get for admitting my size on this :o , there is a picture of me elsewhere on Boards :p

excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

pics. now.
    Four foot nothing cutey blonde with glasses.

Victor wrote:
    Four foot nothing cutey blonde with glasses.

with big tats :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

ok, this is just in case ANYBODY may be slightly interested, but the euro2 in town are selling pink furry hand-cuffs for €2

Rozabeez wrote:
    ok, this is just in case ANYBODY may be slightly interested, but the euro2 in town are selling pink furry hand-cuffs for €2

hmm...cheap and cheerful...the perfect xmas gift

Advertisement