Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

state machines and k-maps

• 01-12-2004 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

hi folks

im pretty lost with these, can anyone give me a hand with a state machine i have here, i need to implement the function with flip flops and load it onto a fpga <xilinx> device.

i am a transfer student in a degree course and havent done this stuff before.

i can attach a word file if needed.

thanks

<><

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

X, the last time students transferred into third year from CIT to UCC, the department organised some tutorials for them to bring them up to speed in the areas that were unfamiliar to them. Perhaps you could make a request to your lecturer to do the same.

Otherwise, talk to your demonstrator, or put out feelers in the postgrad room about the possibility of a few grinds.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

first entry in google for "karnaugh maps" - http://www.maxmon.com/kmaps1.htm

depending on which flip-flops you use you can have more "don't care" states which may make for a simplier solution.

tip: if the groups don't overlap then you can get glitches when you change state - should not matter if you are using synchronous logic since you won't look at the outputs till they settle

Of course you have to do out all your states first..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭uum

Post up your file. They're handy tbh...

Advertisement