Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scarring.

Options
  • 01-12-2004 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

I took out my eyebrow piercing the other day for the first time in months (I've had it almost 4 years). It is the second one done in that place - it's pierced through the scar tissue of the old one.

Now, when the piercing is in, it looks great.

When I took it out, I got a shock because it looked so horrendous. Red with very noticably deep holes in the skin. My labret and ear piercings do not look like this with the jewellery out.

I have no plans to take it out permanently, but of course there will be times in the future when I'll need to.

Is there anything I can use to make it look better?! Honestly, it looks terrible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Ali Cat

If you use a good moisturising cream with vitamin(sp?) E in it and rub it in firmly at least twice a day the scar tissue ought to begin softening and breaking down. I'd be wary of using anything more potent because you don't want the piercing itself to heal....hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I took mine out permanently during the summer. It looked horrific for the first week, and there's still a scar after roughly 3 months now. That being said I didn't do the sensible option and do the above. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

well tbh,you have the same place pierced twice so it doesnt matter what you're going to do,it wont be a pretty site. Vitamin E will help,but only to a certain extent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i got a "Scar Kit" over in america which consisted of a cream and a special sort of plaster thing. Worked really great but i cant remember the name of it. Im sure if you go down to your local chemist they should have something similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Garth - I don't mind having a bit of a scar, it's understandable, no biggie - but this truly looks dreadful.

But this is all really good advice that I wouldn't have thought up myself. Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MarxoGouch

you can get a cream in any health shop called Calendula (it is usually made with Vit. E too) - it is what you are looking for, it'll reduce the redness and should help the scar heal also - not to worry, it won't close it completely if youdon't want it to. Read more about it here (http://tinyurl.com/4k9ol)

Advertisement