Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL now available in Dublin 9 and 11.

Options
  • 01-12-2004 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

I was pretty stunned when an NTL rep knocked at the door a few minutes ago telling me that NTL Broadband was available in our area - I was under the impression that NTL were still only covering a minute area?

Recently I had heard that they planned to cover all of Dublin by 2005 - but personally dismissed it as the usual NTL bilge... however, have they mended their ways?

Anyone else been contacted by them recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

They've been upgrading their network in Dublin bit by bit over the last 6 months or so. They'll soon be deploying cable internet in Galway and Waterford aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Thats great news Noel,
    I'm in Dublin 11, Just off Ballyboggan Road, have just started the IOL BB Trial, hopefully NTL BB will be available over here come February...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I'm In D11, nothing heard yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I'm in D11 too, Finglas East area. Haven't heard anything about it yet. But I'll be definitely switching if they do come. Roll on 1.5Mbit!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hmm

Anyone actually have this NTL broadband in D.11, or is it just vapourware?

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

For the sake I just called them about it in D8 (Inchicore area). Not available and no time-scale for when it might be available.

You lucky sods just one postal code digit away from us!!!

Enjoy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Where in D9, I'm in Charlemont and I've heard that it will be at least a year before BB reaches here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

just because it's available for some people in Dublin X doesn't mean that all of Dublin X can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

True, just rang them..its not available in my part of D11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

machalla wrote:
    For the sake I just called them about it in D8 (Inchicore area). Not available and no time-scale for when it might be available.

You lucky sods just one postal code digit away from us!!!
    You're on the opposite side of the city :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Glasnevin/new areas of Ballymun the rep on the mobile number supplied said.

Very nice indeed - never ever would've thought we'd be one of the first to get it. Then again - we were nearly last in Dublin to get Eircom BB, so all's fair I guess :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I rang NTL yesterday and gave my street address (Finglas East are) and they said it wasn't available, but they did say that they were doing the role-out street by street.

Skittle

Advertisement