Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahern does McCabe Killers U-Turn

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The only problem I have with your ppost arcadegame2004 is that the IRA initially denied involvement in the raid in adare. they only claimed responsibility for it when it became convenient or when it became necessary in order to get a couple of their buddies out of the slammer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

Thats right, and it is but just one example of hippocracy by the republican movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The brittish troops went into northern ireland to protect catholics from protestant agression yes or no.?

The provisional IRA formed around the same time and subsequently started attacking the brittish troops yes or no?

You speak of counter revoloution, when did the revoloution start. all that happened was that some protestants started a wave of hate crimes against catholics, and the IRA formed and started attacking both protestants and then the brittish army who came to the aid of the catholic community.

more like a criminal feud than a revoloution.

Eh, no. The British Army was deployed in Ireland "in aid of the civic power" as the official phrase had it. There was no talk of "protection of Catholics". That "civic power" was the Unionist administration at Stormont who was doing its best to try and crush the Civil Rights Movement and the otherwise turbulent Nationalist population. As I pointed out to you, it wasn't the IRA who first attacked the brits and RUC, it was local people who were angry with the British Army for actively or passively aiding Loyalist mobs burn down houses and intitiate pogroms. Britain saw trouble and civil unrest brewing (brewing for justified reasons) and sought to pacify the country hence the sending in of British troops.
    I said that the brittish army acted against groups that POSED A THREAT TO THEM.

Indeed, and why were people threatening them? You even reiterated my point there yourself, the British were not here to "protect" Nationalists, they were and are here to grind them into submission.
    plain clothes SAS soldiers going after plain clothes terrorists. who was the first to go around in plain clothes killing people. the IRA and the unionist gangs.

You are the one saying the IRA is "not an army" because they do not adhere to the Geneva Convention but yet when the Brits breach the Convention it becomes ok because "they did it first", so much for your stern legal stand on the matter! You are a hypocrite billy, a man who quotes the Convention when it suits him and is willing to justify its waiving once it is the SAS ambushing unarmed people dressed in plain clothes.
    The courts are there for people who feel agrieved by the actions of brittish army members who commit offences. there is also the European court of justice. it is a more civilised process than killing retired policemen and robbing a fanload of old age pension payments from adare.

The same courts which once thanked a crowd of RUC "defendents" for bringing IRA Volunteers to the "final court of justice"? The same courts which whitewashed Bloody Sunday or sentenced Irish people to savagely long prisone terms on the basis of confessions which were extracted by torture? Don't make me laugh a chara, the thing you have to realise is that the alleged legal system in the 6 Counties is rotten to the core, it is built simply to serve the political interests of a colonial state.
    Trains and docklands are infrastructural facilities. pubs are not.(birmingham) men who burn peoples homes are a threat (referring to black and tans here) four year old children are not (warrington)

Birmingham and Warrington were not attacks aimed at killing civilians and you would do well to actually inform yourself of the nature and intention of the IRA camapign before lambasting it. Birmingham was an attack on British soldiers who frequented the pub, that having been said I acknowledge here that it was badly planned and the result was one which is unjustifiable, no matter what the context it took place in. Warrington was what you would call yourself, "infrastructural" in the economic sense. The IRA frequently targeted economic installations such as Manchester city centre, Canary Wharf etc as well as bridges and train lines. Let's be honest about it, if the IRA were interested in purposely killing civilians there would be a lot more names on the death toll.
    between 1920 and 1949 southern ireland was an active member of the commonwealth council, and with the assistance of all the commonwealth members Canada austrailia etc, and britain, they acquired more and more liberties for all members of the british commonwealth. eventually countries were given the opportunity to cede their membership of the brittish commonwealth, which Ireland done in 1949, thus becomming the republic of Ireland.

True, but all that would have been impossible if it wasn't for the campaign of political violence fought by the IRA in the 20s, a tactic which you condemn vociferously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Birmingham and Warrington were not attacks aimed at killing civilians and you would do well to actually inform yourself of the nature and intention of the IRA camapign before lambasting it. Birmingham was an attack on British soldiers who frequented the pub, that having been said I acknowledge here that it was badly planned and the result was one which is unjustifiable, no matter what the context it took place in. Warrington was what you would call yourself, "infrastructural" in the economic sense. The IRA frequently targeted economic installations such as Manchester city centre, Canary Wharf etc as well as bridges and train lines. Let's be honest about it, if the IRA were interested in purposely killing civilians there would be a lot more names on the death toll.

Tell me how do you plan properly an attack on a pub full of women and men having a few drinks and enjoying themselves on a saturday night, in their own country. These people were not in northern ireland. chances are the majority of the customers in that pub had never been to northern ireland.

if the ira wanted to kill soldiers why didnt they go for the army barracks which they were billeted. I will tell you why, because the current inception of the IRA are gutless wonders, with no spine. and no morals either. in short scumbags and murderers, who have hijact key points in our history to suit their aspirations of death and destruction.

The intention behind the warrington bomb was also irrelevent considering the result. all warrington did was turn some gulible fool into a baby killer.

ah yes manchester city centre, did they do that at night or during the day when it was filled with people.

what about eneskillen was that done at night or during the day when it was filled with people.

what about Omagh, yeah yeah it was the Real ira or the continuity IRA or I cant believe it is not the IRA or somesuch group but they all started their bloodlust as members of the provisional IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This thread has gone around in so many circles I am getting dizzy. Time to shut it down.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement