Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nipple piercing...

Options
  • 01-12-2004 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey,
    I want to get my nipple pierced, can anyone tell me what the minimum age is, and where would be a good place to get it done? Any other advice you can give me would be greatfully appeciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

no minimum age but most places wont do you unless you're 18.
    hardly much to say, i just wandered into a place in amsterdam that looked clean and reputable and got it done. its not rocket science tbh.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

umm it aint rocket science but its not all that simple....
    the nipple is a very sensitive place and if it is pierced wrong it can end up affecting nerves and feeling.Most piercing shops wont pierce anybody unless they are over 18 or have a parent guardian(i will admit though,most piercing shops dont stick wholeheartedly to this rule,if you look old enough they'll do it)
    Good places in Dublin to get it done would be Snakebite(middle abbey street) or Celestial Ring(Lower Abbey Street/Stephens Green S.C.)
    Remember,go to a piercing shop that use needles as a gun is VERY dangerous

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

My advice would be not to get it done..
    I have mine done now 2 or 3 years
    would like to take it out, but it'll never heal back and will always be kinda perked out.. so insted of having a perked out nipple I leave it in so at least people will see why it is kinda perked...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Was it sore getting it done? My nipples are really sensitve - dont think I could stand the pain of it =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Yeah this is true...im left with one big perky nipple that will never return to normal shape. It does add sensitivity though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

i got mine done on saturday , no regrets. sticks out a little more than the other now though.

alot more sensitive already. and no it doesnt hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Get the two of them done and "bingo" they match ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

macroon wrote:
    hey,
    I want to get my nipple pierced, can anyone tell me what the minimum age is, and where would be a good place to get it done? Any other advice you can give me would be greatfully appeciated.

I've had both of mine done over 4 weeks now & got bars done instead of rings (they catch less!!!) & in a few weeks, I'm looking to get verticle ones done in them too..... (once they've healed of course!!!)

Personal opinion, I recommend Trina in Celestial Ring in Stephen's Green. She put me at total ease, considering these were my first body piercings & she's a total pro....

All I'd say is ignore what everyone says about the "pain factor". It's different for everyone & I listened to so many others & got myself all worked up & nearly backed out - but go do it, get them done & enjoy it.

Just make sure you pay GOOD attention to aftercare, as mine got a bit infected despite regimental aftercare, but thankfully that's cleared up & they're healing nicely now... probably didn't help that between getting them both pierced I've had two decent sized tattoos done & I had my ear pierced the week before I got my first nipple piercing, so my body was really under stress trying to heal them all .... which I REALLY do not recommend anyone to do... yes it was probably silly, but hey - I'm a big boy.... :D

::: ven0mous :::

Personal opinion, I recommend Trina in Celestial Ring in Stephen's Green. She put me at total ease, considering these were my first body piercings & she's a total pro....
    Id agree with that,Triona's bang on and I always have a good laugh with her when getting a piercing done.

ven0m wrote:
    got bars done instead of rings (they catch less!!!) & in a few weeks, I'm looking to get verticle ones done in them too..... (once they've healed of course!!!)
    Would not recommend that WHATSOEVER!!! My friend had his left nipple done in the vert/horizontal position and it completely migrated within a year. After 10 months he was able to put his little finger through the vert. I have mine done and while I love it, I just wouldn't get the vert done.
    The nipple is more susceptible to migration than most piercings as the flesh is quite weak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

Man, nipple piercings are crap...they're about as 'daring' or 'alternative' as hair gel. In a stupid attempt to impress girlfriend, I got my nipple pierced years ago, with a gun (!) and it was the most painful, instantly regretable thing I ever did.
    Looks very un-hetrosexual.
    Prone to infection. Yellow goo from nips. Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Man, nipple piercings are crap...they're about as 'daring' or 'alternative' as hair gel. In a stupid attempt to impress girlfriend, I got my nipple pierced years ago, with a gun (!) and it was the most painful, instantly regretable thing I ever did.
    Looks very un-hetrosexual.
    Prone to infection. Yellow goo from nips. Nice.

So what you're saying in a very unintelligent manner is that people shouldn't get piercings done with guns, strangely enough most if not all of the forum regs know this, people ask questions and research in places like this first, unlike yourself obviously.

The un-heterosexual thing is your own problem, there are possibly latent issues here that you should address.

Re: infection. Well again you need to look after them, but then you got them done with a gun so what would you know, eh? Salt washes etc and a reputable piercer ( reputable piercers dont use guns) will supply you with an after-care sheet.

With regard to the point on pain, one mans pain is anothers pleasure.

Who said anything about daring or alternative?
    Ven0m wrote:
    I've had both of mine done over 4 weeks now & got bars done instead of rings (they catch less!!!) & in a few weeks, I'm looking to get verticle ones done in them too..... (once they've healed of course!!!)

You do know that you can be looking at anything up to 2 years for complete healing? How long did the piercer say it would take to heal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Blub2k4 wrote:
    You do know that you can be looking at anything up to 2 years for complete healing? How long did the piercer say it would take to heal?

Yeah - am aware of this. My ex g/f's took over a year to heal. I "seem" to be healing very well now the infection is gone. Must take a trip in to see Trina in Celestial Ring on Monday just to get her opinion on how they're healing.... I think she'll flip when she sees the chest tattoo though - LOL....

::: ven0mous :::

Man, nipple piercings are crap...they're about as 'daring' or 'alternative' as hair gel.
    who says piercing have to be "daring" or "alternative"? I for one get pierced becuase i like to get pierced,not so some snotty nosed kid like yourself who thinks its "uncool" to have a metal bar through my nipple can slag me.
    Grow up kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

GaRtH_V wrote:
    who says piercing have to be "daring" or "alternative"? I for one get pierced becuase i like to get pierced,not so some snotty nosed kid like yourself who thinks its "uncool" to have a metal bar through my nipple can slag me.
    Grow up kid

Of course, the only reason to get pierced is because YOU want to.
    A so called friend of mine said I was a *slut* to get my nipples pierced! I nearly died laughing :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Mine just refused to heal all together
    took nearly two years to heal and to stop getting kinda little puss pimples on them
    clean it so much an all,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

thats mad, you must be just unlucky. i got mine done at the start of sept while on holidays. i must admit my aftercare wasn't great, i cleaned it properly for the first week, after that just rinsed it under the shower really.
    i remember people saying that there's alot of gooey discharge with nipples, but that cleared up about a month ago and i haven't had any problems or discharge since.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

mines healing very quicky, very little "puss" but a bit of dried blood around the holes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I just took mine out today. They're now shamrock shaped with big swelling around where the rings went in and out.
    Does anyone know will they eventually go back to normal?

I don't think they will :(
    its kinda like an earing hole, it'll never heal up and the whole will always be there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Really? Crap I Wish I knew that before I got it.

Advertisement