Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW euro beta Phase 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Why are they doing a beta at this stage when the live game is out in the states?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Venom wrote:
    Why are they doing a beta at this stage when the live game is out in the states?

Because the european servers still need to be tested :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Hopefully that means soon us Europeans will get the full version :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

you need to apply for the beta test on their site afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

GaRtH_V wrote:
    you need to apply for the beta test on their site afaik

That was some time ago wasnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got into the closed beta , anyone else ? I cant download the ****ing thing though.... can i just use the one from the last beta ? i have that on a DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

You can use the client from the last beta.

Open the realmlist.wtf file and change the "set" to "set realmlist eu1.wow.battle.net"

You may need to belete the WTF, WTB and Inerfaces folders.

Who else got into the beta?

T.

kipple wrote:
    You can use the client from the last beta.

Open the realmlist.wtf file and change the "set" to "set realmlist eu1.wow.battle.net"

You may need to belete the WTF, WTB and Inerfaces folders.

Who else got into the beta?

T.

Are you posative about that kipple ?!?? If so Wh00t I can play now !!! What server should i play on ? anyone else in the beta ?

Tusky wrote:
    Are you posative about that kipple ?!?? If so Wh00t I can play now !!! What server should i play on ? anyone else in the beta ?

Yes you can do that

when u change the file the game will be directed to the european servers. The game will then patch itself to the europe model.

smithy1981 wrote:
    Yes you can do that

when u change the file the game will be directed to the european servers. The game will then patch itself to the europe model.

great - what server you on smithy ? or anyone else ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

I am currently playing on the PvP server as Alliance. I would not mind getting together with some people from boards, am happy to play horde or alliance/pvp or pve.

I got to level 14 in the US beta.

T.

Tusky wrote:
    great - what server you on smithy ? or anyone else ?
    Kipple wrote:
    I am currently playing on the PvP server as Alliance. I would not mind getting together with some people from boards, am happy to play horde or alliance/pvp or pve.

I'm going to play on the PvP server too. And i'm going to play the horde ( cos im gonna play alliance in retail). I'll post my ingame name tonight when i set up my account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

How the fook do I get into the European Beta?
    Do I have to preorder it first?
    Where do I register to get on the list for keys?
    Really want to play but cant seem to create an account... sorry if I completely missed something here.

Ivan wrote:
    How the fook do I get into the European Beta?
    Do I have to preorder it first?
    Where do I register to get on the list for keys?
    Really want to play but cant seem to create an account... sorry if I completely missed something here.

The signups for the closed beta were months ago :(. You can stilll get into the final beta (which wil be starting soon) by preordering the game. You get a special beta kit when you preorder but i think most places have sold out. I had to order the collectors edition from Finland:(

smithy1981 wrote:
    The signups for the closed beta were months ago :(. You can stilll get into the final beta (which wil be starting soon) by preordering the game. You get a special beta kit when you preorder but i think most places have sold out. I had to order the collectors edition from Finland:(

Smithy play on alliance PVP with moi ! Im only starting tonight ( installing now )
    these games are so much more fun ( and easier ) when you have someone to group with..sepcially wow with the quests.
    kipple wrote:

I got to level 14 in the US beta.

T.

Kipple I'll be playing tonight - I'll post up my name ETC.

I got to lvl 11 or 12 in the Us beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

is there a site were you can download the client before the open beta starts cause i'd like to get it installed asap so i won't lose out on time spent downloading?

Trebor wrote:
    is there a site were you can download the client before the open beta starts cause i'd like to get it installed asap so i won't lose out on time spent downloading?

You can download wow using a bit-torrent client (try azureus: http://download.yacapa.com/download/1222.html :) )

When you have the torrent client installed, you can download the file from:
    http://www.wowtorrents.de.vu/
    tusky wrote:
    Smithy play on alliance PVP with moi ! Im only starting tonight ( installing now )
    these games are so much more fun ( and easier ) when you have someone to group with..sepcially wow with the quests.

Dosen't look like ill be able to play till monday:( Post your in-games names in this thread and i will try and catch up with ye on monday

smithy1981 wrote:

Dosen't look like ill be able to play till monday:( Post your in-games names in this thread and i will try and catch up with ye on monday

Made a Dwarf Warrior on the PVP server called Tusk. Msg me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

think ill wait untill the game is released.

quite happy with a night elf hunter , got to lvl 16 on the us beta and was happy with the abilities.

Advertisement