Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream Theater

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My good wife heard me on bout DT and surprised me today with live at Budokan DVD.
    Now i know feck all about this band but after watching the DVD i must say these guys are among the most talented musicians ive ever seen.
    Awesome guitar work and drums especially,lead singer has a stunning voice even live.
    One criticism is the keyboards,
    While they really sound great and add to the songs a few times i heard what seemed a sweet guitar riff or solo only for the camera to pan over to keyboard to see a very definite guitar sound being played onthe keyboard.
    Granted John Petrucci on guitar was busy with his own riffs at this stage the sound of a guitar solo eminating from keyboard to me seems somewhat artificial.
    Apart from that a fantastic band ,i just wish the missus had picked up some albums first before the DVD.
    Me is thinking whether to bring back for exchange for some albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

she might take that the wrong way, and never buy you dt again!! But anyway, the great debate and the glass prison, so very good....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

When will these guys be touring again?
    Would love to see a live show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 theyellowdart12

DONT SHE WILL TAKE IT THE WRONG WAY! lol screw not getting dt , ull have to put up with that for a week , and everytime u buy a gift she will look at u mockingly thinking, hmm he could have got somethign better,, maybe ill trade this im to spite him! infact maybe ill trade the relationship in! .............and all over one returned dvd....isnt life harsh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

they might be touring after their new album is out. They're recording it as we speak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement