Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom nixers

• 01-12-2004 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Any guys know anyone from Eircom who could install a line upstairs for me??

The cable is there already (an old ISDN line), just need to get it connected at box at side of House and box put upstairs.

Let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 freeasabird

By the way im in Dublin 15

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea, I had to get eircom back in there a few weeks ago cause ntl are gone..
    yer man would only install 1 box in the hall, and wouldn't walk any further into the house? whats the story with that, some new rule for them or somethin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Eircom no longer deal with internal wiring.
    They will recommend a 3rd party engineering crowd to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Felix Unger

It's easy to fit it yourself, I've a box upstairs now, running ADSL off it as I type, phone line is fine as well. If you have one of the new master sockets then it's easy to do, the box comes in three pieces, the back plate screwed to wall, the middle plate with rj45 connector (this section is normally sealed to prevent you skewing with their wiring) and the final user front plate (which has an rj45 to rj11), you can wire up your next socket to the socket behind the front plate, either screwing in two wires or using a punchdown tool (coupla quid from Maplins - rubbish plastic one), get your cable, strip of two wires (if screwing it in) and hook them to L1 + L2, do the same at other end (strip the wire at this end and plug phone into that socket, if you hear a dial tone then screw them in permanently otherwise check connections. Theres no tingling if you touch the wires so don't worry.

If you don't have a new master socket get Eircom out and they'll replace the master for free.

All this is at your own risk, but so long as you don't touch the backplate you shouldn't be able to damage your master socket. If it all goes horribly wrong just disconnect all your diy wiring and your master should be back to normal.

Anyone any corrections?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

hi freeasabird,

pm me your details and I will get my engineer fella to give you a call, would normally charge about 50 for a small job like this, but i will let the two of you hammer out the details

bmsbyrne

• Advertisement
Advertisement