Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom win again

• 01-12-2004 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Well that's it, I give up, the enemy has won. Eircom (nee Telecom Eireann) has pushed me into a corner and it appears that I'm either too lazy or maybe too frightened to fight back. My trial runs out around this time (although officially DEC.10) and despite my previous best efforts to cancel, to opt instead for a better provider, it seems they have won. I emailed them in the hope that they would send me the cancellation link.

Thank you for your e-mail received 23/11/2004

A member of our team will reply to you within two working days with information regarding your query.

Your request ID is: 17902340

Kind Regards,

eircom net

and then 3 days later...

Dear Customer,

I have forwarded the request to the relevant department

Kind regards
    eircom net

I of course have heard nothing since. It seems the sending on of a link is simply too time consuming.

Luckily I managed to get the link from one of the threads on this forum. It worked twice and then subsequently failed to open.

So I give up. I know i've fallen into the free trial trap..I know that they expected me to not bother sending the modem back etc... I just forsee an already hectic Christmas been made considerasbly worse by having to fight with the propaganda wing of this regime, mailing things back...getting my line released so on and so forth. And yes they do know that once people try broadband they will never want to drink from the dial up fountain again.

Bastards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Felix Unger

See your other post, there's still time if Dec 10th, forgot to mention about sending back the modem, courier the thing in and be done with them. If you've proof you've cancelled (reg letter, courier confirmation) then they haven't a leg to stand on, mind you, left it a bit late didn't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

TBH, Esat aren't much better.

I signed up for BB last year and, in fairness, it was up and running after minimal grief thanks to an attentive tech rep. I'd dread to think what would have happened if it hadn't have landed in her lap. I promised her my young fella's selection box Curly Wurly but never followed through.

After getting NTL BB installed in zero time I set about watching the 12 month contract date and duely rang up yesterday to cancel. I was advised to email. I did that. I also used their naff online www.esatbt.com thing just to be sure. No confirmation today so I resent the mail and started logging my efforts.

Then in the latter half of the day I get a mail saying that a 30-day cancellation notice is required and my service would be discontinued after that.

This is not only a bunch of arse, it's a bunch of great-whale-proportioned arse. Why do they need 30 days notice? So, in effect, the minumum contract is 13 months. If I'd have tried to cancel before the 12 months were up, you could be sure that I'd have been told to go away until the 12 months were up. 30 days notice is just a load of cobblers and an excuse to extort a further month's service payment out of me.

Wnakers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

TBH, Esat aren't much better.

I signed up for BB last year and, in fairness, it was up and running after minimal grief thanks to an attentive tech rep. I'd dread to think what would have happened if it hadn't have landed in her lap. I promised her my young fella's selection box Curly Wurly but never followed through.

After getting NTL BB installed in zero time I set about watching the 12 month contract date and duely rang up yesterday to cancel. I was advised to email. I did that. I also used their naff online www.esatbt.com thing just to be sure. No confirmation today so I resent the mail and started logging my efforts.

Then in the latter half of the day I get a mail saying that a 30-day cancellation notice is required and my service would be discontinued after that.

This is not only a bunch of arse, it's a bunch of great-whale-proportioned arse. Why do they need 30 days notice? So, in effect, the minumum contract is 13 months. If I'd have tried to cancel before the 12 months were up, you could be sure that I'd have been told to go away until the 12 months were up. 30 days notice is just a load of cobblers and an excuse to extort a further month's service payment out of me.

Wnakers.

Have you checked the Terms and Conditions regarding the months notice? I think that most ISP's require a month's notice after the completion of the 12 months but there was nothing to stop you giving the months notice on completion of the 11th month. dont get me wrong I feel very strongly about the whole T&C's issue and how the ISP's behave but it is very hard to get people interested in it as an issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

fade2black wrote:
    Well that's it, I give up, the enemy has won. Eircom (nee Telecom Eireann) has pushed me into a corner and it appears that I'm either too lazy or maybe too frightened to fight back. My trial runs out around this time (although officially DEC.10) and despite my previous best efforts to cancel, to opt instead for a better provider, it seems they have won. I emailed them in the hope that they would send me the cancellation link.

Thank you for your e-mail received 23/11/2004

A member of our team will reply to you within two working days with information regarding your query.

Your request ID is: 17902340

Kind Regards,

eircom net

and then 3 days later...

Dear Customer,

I have forwarded the request to the relevant department

Kind regards
    eircom net

I of course have heard nothing since. It seems the sending on of a link is simply too time consuming.

Luckily I managed to get the link from one of the threads on this forum. It worked twice and then subsequently failed to open.

So I give up. I know i've fallen into the free trial trap..I know that they expected me to not bother sending the modem back etc... I just forsee an already hectic Christmas been made considerasbly worse by having to fight with the propaganda wing of this regime, mailing things back...getting my line released so on and so forth. And yes they do know that once people try broadband they will never want to drink from the dial up fountain again.

Bastards.

Why not email Comreg with details of your experience then you will have done something positive about it.

Advertisement