Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALBUMS U MIGHT LIKE!

Options
  • 15-04-2001 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

HERES SOME ALBUMS U SHOULD THINK ABOUT GETTING:

LIMP BIZKIT(ANY ALBUM)MEDIUM ROCK MUST GET!

LINKIN PARK(HYBRID THEORY)METAL AND GOOD

KORN(ANY ALBUM MOSTLY ISSUES)HARD AND MUST GET!

SLIPKNOT(SELF-TITLED)EXTRA HARD AND MOSTLY FOR METAL HEADS

METALLICA(FADE TO BLACK)METAL AND GOOD

PAPA ROACH(INFEST)HARD,NEWISH BUT GOOD

U2(TITLE TOO LONG)MIXED SIMPLY THE BEST

LED ZEP(ANY ALBUM)SOFT ROCK DATED BUT STILL GREAT

ASH(CAN'T REMEMBER)MIXED NEW BUT GREAT + THEIR IRISH!

GUNS N' ROSES(ANY ALBUM)MIXED EXCELLENT SLASH RULES!!

THIS IS FOR ALL THE ROCKERS ONLY
    THANX
    BY THE WAY THIS IS JUST MINE AND VEGAS OPINION

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

what? you call it "ALBUMS YOU MIGHT LIKE" and then proceed to name no specific albums at all? wink.gif

personally I'd rename this thread to "ALBUMS YOU WILL REGRET BUYING", apart from Led Zeppelin that is, who have a greatest hits album out, which I'd reccomend before any of their other albums for people new to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

well when it comes to limp bizkit, most of you have probably have heard chocolate starfish...... but you might not have heard significant other. excellent album. dont buy it if you like the frames, frames sux

=)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Well I've got "3 Dollar Bill Y'all", "Significant Other" and "Chocolate Starfish..." so when I say they arent even music compared to the Frames I think I have a valid opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

of course you have a valid opinion, im just sayin that if your the kind of person that likes the frames, theres no way your gonna like limp bizkit. i think what you just said proves my point smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Metallica Fade to Black?! Fade To Black is jsut one song from the Ride the lighning album (very fine song though) maybe you mean the Black Album from Metallica

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

/me slaps Hairy Joe around with a nu-metal band!

Let me guess who's just been watching/listening to Kerrang's channel on Sky Digital!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:

Let me guess who's just been watching/listening to Kerrang's channel on Sky Digital!!!

</font>
    I was watching that on thursday and it was all soft stuff, and to say i was highly disapointed was an under statement, so likes of limp wanl<ers and the likes were on
    so as i was about to change the channell to see if there was a god, Megadeth came on and restored my faith ... i though kerrang had sold out to al the sell out bands !!

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭crazydaisie

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sliotar:
    of course you have a valid opinion, im just sayin that if your the kind of person that likes the frames, theres no way your gonna like limp bizkit. i think what you just said proves my point smile.gif</font>
    and Limp Bizkit are good??? rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Keep it ROLLin Rollin Rolllin.. smile.gif

makes no sense at all. IMO they are taking the advantage of the millions of misinformed/misguided youth of america and making money of them.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

limp bizkit used to be great...anyone remember "Faith"?.
    Even significant other was great but its gine downhill...to commercial and just rubbish in general.

Durty auld Morris drums... they're fu*kin' great!!

• Advertisement

god I wish I was a moderator on this board.
    anyway... less of the limp bizcuit talk.

some actual decent rock albums that I'd bet the vast majority of posters on this thread haven't got:

Sebadoh - Bakesale .. (Rock, 1994) sounds somewhat like Foo Fighters are now but a lot more fun, and a lot more rockin, this albums on constant loop at the mo in my room smile.gif .. (tracks: Rebound and S.Soup)

Lifehouse - No Name Face .. (Rock, 2000)
    Pearl Jam-esque stuff.. basically a lot less ****** than can be found with Creed, and some great tracks on here, its basically (in a nutshell) easy listening rock. (great tracks being Someone elses song & Quasimodo)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Megatron:
    I was watching that on thursday and it was all soft stuff, and to say i was highly disapointed was an under statement, so likes of limp wanl<ers and the likes were on
    so as i was about to change the channell to see if there was a god, Megadeth came on and restored my faith ... i though kerrang had sold out to al the sell out bands !!
    </font>

Yeah - point taken. There's a few good tunes - Fear Factory's "Linchpin" and I quite like that Linkin Park tune "Crawlin" (which plays on Q quite a bit too). I was delighted to see No Doubt's "Just A Girl" cause my old band used to play it and it's a mad song to play. I'd like to see more than "Learn To Fly" from the Foos, but you're gonna have to give 'em time! They're only a new channel!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Brummers

Personally, if you're talking about rock/metal id' have to include;

Rage Against the Machine - Rage against the machine & all other albums, specially Renegades
    Smashing Pumpkins - Melon Collie & the infinite sadness
    Led Zeppelin - Four Symbols
    Weezer - Weezer & Pinkerton
    Less than jake - hello, Rockview (not rock/metal but still.... biggrin.gif)

Peace

Which ******* made my bed so comfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Buy Pearl Jam's ten...you'll never need to buy another album for a long long time.

But I did like Limp up until about a year and a half ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

to adnans:
    that is the truest statement iv ever heard they are for stupid 14 year olds who like the angry image...u see em walking around temple bar with their long hair,baggy trousers and skateboards.....hilarious!

[This message has been edited by StarScream (edited 21-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StarScream:

to adnans:
    that is the truest statement iv ever heard they are for stupid 14 year olds who like the angry image...u see em walking around temple bar with their long hair,baggy trousers and skateboards.....hilarious!

</font>

Ugh...

Annoying likkle kids...

Damn SlipKnot fans most of them.
    You know the SlipKnot band motto?

People = ****.

I just usualy ask these kids if they actualy beleive that, and it shuts them up.

Yea but it's not only those kids with oh so many issues that like them. Theres a lot of lil scumbags walkin around thinking theyre mad into rock music by liking Limp/Korn/Linkin Park (gawd theyre ****e) cos its fashionable right now.

But it'll pass, just like legwarmers and bandanas. Then some decent bands might get a chance to shine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Albums you should own:
    Fun lovin' criminals - Come find yourself
    Doves - Lost Souls
    The Frames - Dance the devil
    Whipping boy - Heartworm

I might be back with more as they fly into my head smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AngelWhore:

People = ****.

I just usualy ask these kids if they actualy beleive that, and it shuts them up.
    </font>

Bah Not just kiddies like slipknot angel!

Whatever happeend to just being able to enjoy listening to the music!

• Advertisement

Also lets not foerget one essential album Pink Floyd: The Wall excellent album

not forgetting other Floyd essentials, Is There Anybody Out There, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side Of The Moon, Meddle, Animals
    and Ummagumma

and to a lesser extent Obscured By Clouds, More and Saucerful Of Secrets.

Everything else is just for completion purposes smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

heaven forbid there's a thread about albums and kali doesn't get to mention a floyd album or half dozen....
    btw, did anyone see the article by some dude in todays observer about the same mentioned dude spending a day wandering around cambridge looking for the man who made the floyd good, syd barrett. appearently we has picnics and watches students in some park the odd time but nobody knows for sure. weird...

Advertisement