Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Band ... EVER

Options
  • 05-02-2001 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Bad Religion r the best bad ever made, they kick so much ass. **** every1 else they rock.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yeah this unknown band must obviously be the best.

I fully endorse this person or product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

prolly the band he plays in or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Nah - they're a proper band alright. They've got some fairly good songs. They aren't the best band ever though.

Sonic Death Monkey are.

I'm the Dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

sorry guys, that title goes to The Death Metal Ceili Band. Just listening to tgeir epic ballad "Aran Island Mosh Pit Grannies" and you know your in the presence of greatness...

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, if they were real i'd love to hear some of their stuff biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Bad Religion do rock, they did some stuff for the Crazy Taxi soundtrack which made me hunt down a few albums. Top stuff. Dunno about them being the best band ever, mind... wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Merlin

look ne1 whos says bad religion aren't the best need hit around the face, and brought back 2 reality.

best song by them is

Better of Dead.

it rocks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

ow.
    i have a black eye but at least i now recognise that that band you mentioned, who were they?
    the allmann brothers band? are the best band ever.

anyway everyone knows Pink FLoyd are the best band ever.

sorry caster just happens sometimes i just get so worked up

another excelent song by Bad Religion is

You

its sweet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

The Beatles are the best band ever.

I do worry about you people and your heavy metal music.

[This message has been edited by El_Presidente (edited 06-02-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Spinal Tap tongue.gif

Bard

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

No, no, NO.

Sclub7 are the bestest band and if anyone disagrees I'll shove burning hot pokers into their eyes, and mush them about a bit.

Isn't that right Rory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

If pushed, I would have to say the Beatles are probably the greatest band of all time.....but my favorite band... well that would have to be a great big Two Thumbs Up and Affirmative to The Floyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

GWAN the spinal tap.
    Sorry but i refuse to get bogged down in a "best" whatever, be it song, band and so on because
    1. Noone ever says just one thing.
    2. It has "flame me" all over it as merlin proved so well
    3. Peoples taste changes, so any entry is false.
    4. You always get one "inspired" arts student naming a band that plays in their local and claims they are the best ever. Or else they name a band so old and hidden (i.e. shyte with no good songs) they probably only heard on song at 4 in the morning and decided that if noone else heard them then that band are now their fav.

As for the beatles, since they released their greatest hits ive been getting really tired of it playing in every f*cking place you go

pinkfloydhammers01.gif

[This message has been edited by Winning Hand (edited 06-02-2001).]

i never actually think of the Beatles as a band, even though theres no doubting they are, hence choosing Floyd.
    Beatles would be second though, if just for Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt. Peppers.
    and as for #1 vocal group its obviously gonna be The Beach Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

The Pixies
    need I say more prolly but I really couldn't be **** go get some of there stuff (by wotever means you see suitable) coz its the biz.

The Frames aren't have bad either
    now that I come to think of it
    Radiohead are a good little band to
    aswell as eels and good knows how many others.

look believe me mate they rock download that song from somewhere and im sure u'll change ur tune.

the only thing i have 2 say is don't slag it off till u've tried it!!! and form the looks of things u haven't heard their music. so shut up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I liked Atomic Garden but I would hardly call em the best band ever. And fu<kin relax Merlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

lads it has to be the eagles or else Queen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

i agree plastic.....the death metal ceili band rule.....hey plastic what about "wait n bleed the radiator", and our epic album "under the horses bo**ocks"....he he...***fLoPpY looks back 2 a damn good time and grins***...... biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by black_wizardd (edited 07-02-2001).]

right here 4 every1s information, bad religion have been around from 1989. no im not in them, although i wish i were. and they have a lot of albums out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Westlife are the best band ever. They did'nt get x ammount of number ones by there record company buying up singles and through the brain washing of innocent teeny boppers.

Serious answer for me atm Radiohead are the best band but that changes weekly. Really depends what I'm listening to. Next week it may be the Doors.

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

Conor's Tips

This week I will be mostly listening to the sound of dolphins mating

rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i never heard of them before, but after seeing this post i got a few songs... good stuff. they had a song on Tony Hawk soundtrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Pixies are great

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

while Sclub7 ARE good, i have to go with Spinal Tap! BIG BOTTOM, BIG BOTTOM, TALK ABOUT MUD FLAPS, MY GIRLS GOT EM!

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

I'm offended.

BAN THAT GUY!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

more spinal tap:
    "my baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
    i like to sink her with my pink torpedo"

"you'd be paranoid too, if everyone was out to get you..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

C'mon Nirvana are the best band ever and everyone knows it.. I think.
    Best album ever nevermind
    Best Unplugged session
    Best song ever smells like teen spirit

Id rattle on but its too early in the morn..
    I suppose thats all in my opinion though.. And a lot of other ppls...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

recent techno mixes of smells like teen spirit are utter pish and are a disrespect to the late great Kurt Cobain, anyway smells like teen spirit is played out, as is Nevermind, go get yourself InUtero, if not Download Pennyroyal Tea, it ROCKS, and not the best band ever but indeed a very good bang are 'Green Day', most ov you will have heard 'Good riddence' an some ov the new stuff but you should check out thier older stuff like 'Kerplunk' 'insomniac''Dookie(excellent)' i could go on, but i wont.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement