Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hersheys

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i read somewhere that in america, theres some law sayin they're not allowed call their bars "chocolate" coz they are made with different ingredients and concentrations of ingredients so its called "chocolate flavour" or something like that. apparently its meant to taste like ass. it explains why my cousins from NY always fill a bag with chocolate bars to bring home every time they're over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think it's just that Americans like different chocolate to us, they don't like our choclate as much as we dislike theirs. I think Hersheys tastes disgusting, it rather eat diabetics chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Blisterman wrote:
    You can buy cadburys in America just about everywhere.

It says Cadburys on the label but believe it or not, it's made by.......Hersheys. And they don't taste the same as the Irish/Brit Cadburys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I saw some massive cadburys whole nut bars when i was in Urbana, Illinois in May this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Is cadbury's owned by hersheys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Other way around I do believe..well I think Cadburys bought Hersheys a few years ago......well all I know is we have Hersheys here now and they have Cadburys in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

According to Europeans what we make is not chocolate , too much cocoa butter and not enough cocoa, but it tastes good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Papa Smut wrote:
    Could you imagine how fat Americans* would be if they had decent chocolate.. Scary :eek:

*Forgive mass generalisation, but there is a high percentage that are obese*

*I hate being so pc.
    Actually Cadburys is alot less fattening than Hersheys so I doubt they'd get fatter...Plus I love Hersheys, Nutrageous mmmm...., kisses and hugs, Snaps which Cadburys raped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Mmmmmmm.......
    Chocolate.........

Seriously though, Hershey's is great stuff. Different to Dairy Milk and Lindor, which is always lovely, but Hershey's would probably be my favourite from the lot.

Hersheys does not own Cadburys or vice-versa. Hersheys has a licensing agreement with Cadburys to manufacture and sell Cadburys products in the US. Interestingly, all Cadburys chocolates except the Creme Egg.

Interesting article on the whole chocolate business: http://www.brandchannel.com/features_effect.asp?id=71

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Who makes creme eggs in america?

Edit: Read the artical. Cadburys export it.

That artical doesn't mention M&M/Mars at all. They must be the biggest chocolate brand in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Blisterman wrote:
    Who makes creme eggs in america?

Edit: Read the artical. Cadburys export it.

That artical doesn't mention M&M/Mars at all. They must be the biggest chocolate brand in the world.

M&M/Mars are also exported to the States as far as I know, when I was in Boston as a J1er, we could only buy it in Irish Produce stores!

memphis wrote:
    M&M/Mars are also exported to the States as far as I know, when I was in Boston as a J1er, we could only buy it in Irish Produce stores!

Mars is an American company. Mars brand chocolates (including M&Ms, Twix, Snickers) are manufactured in the US as well as in Europe for the Euro market. Except that the Milkey Way Bar in the US is known as the Mars Bar in Europe. The 3 Muskateers Bar in the US is the same as the Milkey Way Bar in Europe. Confusing, right?

Also, did you know you can get personalized M&Ms? Check it out here: http://us.mms.com/us/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Ah, thanks for the enlightenment, makes it a little more clear, I wondered that about the milky bar ok, they were much bigger in the US that to what I knew as them here in Ireland, and they sure were not as soft as the Milky bars here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

I'm just back from the US and being a BIG chocolate fan I tasted all types of chocolate there including Hershey and there all horrible, even Cadburys chocolate isint the same over there.

I bought a Milkyway and they taste like our Mars bars.

Also twinkies taste like swiss roll.

Cadburys Irish chcoclate is my favorate.

Advertisement