Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish tax year

Options
  • 01-12-2004 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Would i be correct in thinking the tax year runs from january to december?
    If i have just after exceeding my tax free allowance for the current year recently, will it be reset in january ?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Yes Irish tax year id 1/1/xx to 31/12/xx. Income tax is based on earnings between those two dates less tax free credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

frodi wrote:
    Yes Irish tax year id 1/1/xx to 31/12/xx. Income tax is based on earnings between those two dates less tax free credits.

ok, so say i earned around 13,000 between those 2 dates, and had just started to have to pay tax as i exceeded my tax free limit, once i hit new year will my tax credits revert back to zero do you think?
    thats more what im asking.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Yes new tax year, earnings to date is zero , tax free credits start all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

frodi wrote:
    Yes new tax year, earnings to date is zero , tax free credits start all over again.

great ! thats what i wanted to hear

Advertisement