Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney ****es Off Madonna

Options
  • 24-04-2001 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

The 42-year-old pop queen stormed: "I've never been so insulted."
    Chart-topping Britney has been trying to get close to Madge for six months ever since the mum-of-two revealed: "Britney bowls me over."

The 19-year-old singer sent Madonna and husband Guy Ritchie a sterling silver antique frame as a wedding gift last Christmas. She included a poem she had written.

But the friendship bid began to sour when Britney plagued Madonna's office with endless phone calls trying to meet her.

Madonna never took her calls and Britney decided the best way to become chums would be by making a film together.

She stumbled across a script for a movie called Mother's Daughter. The story centres around an alcoholic who pushes her daughter to become a superstar.

Sex bomb Britney figured she would be perfect as the young singer - with Madonna as her tipsy parent.

She told pals: "This could win us both Oscars. We were born for these parts."

But Madonna - who has just released new single What It Feels Like For A Girl - was horrified.

The star shrieked to friends: "The nerve! Where does that girl get off asking me to play her mother - and an alcoholic at that!

"If Britney thinks we'll be friends, she will have to think again. After this, I want nothing to do with her."

She told her assistant: "Next time she calls, hang up."

Their much-hyped duet plans - leaked at the start of the year - now appear to be in tatters.

Pals maintain Britney never intended to hurt Madonna's feelings.

One said: "She just loved the script, but now she regrets sending it to her."

Britney tried to laugh off the gaffe.

She joked to friends, "Oops, I did it again. How could I have been so stupid?"

Sorrowful Britney even sent Madonna a large bouquet to apologise.

But for now, Madonna isn't ready to forgive and forget.

It is a far cry from her feelings six months ago. In November she wore a T-shirt emblazoned with Britney's name at one of her gigs.

And she said: "Britney bowls me over. I love her. I want to do nothing but support her and praise her."

Madge found fame in the 1980s singing Like A Virgin, but enjoyed a string of flings.

But Britney is actually living like a virgin - and won't bed boyfriend Justin Timberlake until they wed.

Madonna acknowledged then: "We're as different as apples and oranges."

HAHA smile.gif

Advertisement