Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disillusioned with freeroll tournies

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

I'm fairly sure I was at that table, and to be honest the madness was just a freak occurance. The guy to my left was drunk (he smelled a bit like Copper Faced Jacks in the day-time) and he was raising/calling with anything... he said he wanted to get knocked out. But I think he was a bonus to the table, he was an easy target for a double-up (unfortunately when I isolated him with AK against A3, he hits his bloody 3 to all but end my night). Irene and another guy got two big double-ups against him after that.

But one thing I didn't like about Rummy was that he over-celebrated everytime he knocked someone out, like when he made a crazy call with 82s and hit runner-runner 82 to knock out 3 three players. Getting knocked out is bad enough, but you don't need someone cheering in your ear...

The T9o call was made by a normally solid Fitz regular who said he just wanted to go home, and in fairness he was getting 3/1 in a situation where he was no worse than a 2/1 dog.

Anyone know who won this tournament?

DocFarrell (Des) won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ThePhilosopher

''I am heading in for the freeroll on Sunday (mite make the Saturday one aswell).Has anybody ever won a ticket and got paid...?if so does it happen often...?''... Yeah i got paid for last sat's 4:30 freeroll. Lost it all on the saturday night tourney though.

And the BL tourney. i've seen mokeys play better. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yeah i got paid for last sat's 4:30 freeroll. Lost it all on the saturday night tourney though.

Did you get a ticket for the 100 game...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Yeah i got paid for last sat's 4:30 freeroll. Lost it all on the saturday night tourney though.

How does one get paid for a freeroll? Do you mean you won a ticket at the freeroll?

The original question was has anybody won a ticket in a freeroll and gone on to win money from the tournament they qualifyed for. There's been a good few people as far as I know Gerire, Ken Cleary, Krattapopov, myself and some others I'm sure.

I'll put up with the bad play on Thursdays because there is so much value in winning a ticket. I seemed to do rubbish in most Fitz touneys but I've finished 1st, 2nd and 7th in the €250 entry this year, all on freeroll tickets gained for €30 or less. Can't beat that for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

''I am heading in for the freeroll on Sunday (mite make the Saturday one aswell).Has anybody ever won a ticket and got paid...?if so does it happen often...?''... Yeah i got paid for last sat's 4:30 freeroll. Lost it all on the saturday night tourney though.

And the BL tourney. i've seen mokeys play better. :)
    I got credit in this as well (the Saturday freeroll) and as well as splitting a nice little SNG I played the Saturday €15 rebuy Hold'Em/Omaha tournament.
    Its a great fun game if you've never tried it, we had about 5 rebuys in the first 4 hands of hold'em at our table.
    I went out about 13th or so.
    I hit bottom 2 pair on the flop in Omaha and bet it....
    Paddy Hicks raised me and I was drawing to 2 outs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

I've finished 1st, 2nd and 7th in the €250 entry this year, all on freeroll tickets gained for €30 or less. Can't beat that for value.

wow! nice one!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've a ticket to the big game this month. Actually I've had quite a few but prefer to use the credit where possible and play more 20/50 games then blow it all on one big game.

This month though, given that its xmas and that they now pay down to 18ish I think I'll play and see how I do. I've had good-if-not-profitable results earlier in the year and hopefully can get paid this time out!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

DeVore wrote:
    I've a ticket to the big game this month. Actually I've had quite a few but prefer to use the credit where possible and play more 20/50 games then blow it all on one big game.

i have credit too but i thought it had to be used on the big game?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

nope, credit can be used for any game, tickets are a variable, sometimes you are allowed use them for any tournie and sometimes only for the big game (which I believe is the official rule).

Given that the big game is now almost always completely full, I dont see why the club would want to force more people into it rather then getting several regs from allowing people to play in the not-maxed-out other tournies!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Credit can NOT be used for any game. If you win a ticket or credit for the 250 game it must be used for that game, or sold on to someone who will play the 250 game. If you have credit in excess of 270, you may then be allowed to use it for other games. Either way you will have to clear it with the poker desk before you use your credit for any game, so make sure you know what it's for before you turn up to play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement