Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa (vote and discussion)

Options
  • 02-12-2004 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Here's the thread I talked of in "Reunion Planning".

The Christmas Reunion :D

I was thinkin' that we could do a Secret Santa type thing.

People sign up with the organiser.
    Those people are all put into a hat.
    The organiser chooses randomly who is who's "Secret Santa".
    Then, the organiser contacts each person about who they are buying for.

There would have to be a spending limit. I think €5.00 is a resonable limit. You can go over it but don't expect more than it. The trick is to find that excellent present for under €5.00. If you get a good one it'll mean much more than any €30.00 thing. Maybe you could find out your person's interests.

The choosing:
    Organiser (who would be me unless someone else wants to do it)

1.Oragniser pulls the names from hat's. The first name will be the organiser's receiver. The second name will be the organiser's receiver's receiver, and so on, and so on. Of course this means that the organiser will not receive a present and the last name won't have to give (this is because the organiser would know who their "Secret Santa" is). So you could consider that you could be the lucky person who receives but does not have to give.

2.The participants could also be split into Male and Female groups. This would mean a process of choosing a girl (because I'm a guy), then choosing a guy (that she gives to), then a girl (that he gives to), and so on.
    Seeing as we probably wouldn't have an equal amount of girls and guys the left over girls/guys (whichever group has more) would be put into another choosing process as in the first example. Again there would be a person who doesn't have to buy in the main girl-guy-girl group.

So, we have two different ways of doing this. Please vote above.

I have a lot of confidence in this idea and it could be a lot of fun. The good part is you can open the presents as soon as you get them. :D

Also what day should the reunion be. Christmas is on a Saturday but I think that would be a bad idea. Maybe the 22nd, 23rd, 24th? It kinda needs to be before the 25th if we're doing the present thing.

P.S. This will be my first reunion since September, so lets make it special.

P.P.S. You can sign up by PMing me. Include a contact path (MSN, e-mail or I could PM you, but please specify).

P.P.S.S. The more people we get the better it'll be. It won't really work if we've only got, like, 10 people. So the more the merrier. SIGN UP!!! :D

*shrug* 8 votes

All in
    0% 0 votes
    boy - girl - boy
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

This thread is messed up. Disregard for now.

The thread's back on! So, VOTE and DISCUSS! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

well i think it a cute idea.... :)

Then c'mon and sign up. :D

C'mon all ye faithful and sign up to ye olde Secret Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm sure I can find a paedopilia innuendo in there somewhere....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Theres always paedophilia innuendo if you look hard enough..........

Heheh 'Hard enough'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Kev...yep, like I said, I'm in. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

ya.... I'm not sure I'm into it, but I'l try it for a once off......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Or, you could go to After Hours, like some of ye are accustomed to doing, and sign up for the boards.ie Sekkrit Santa. Seeing as its apparently a Boards CTYIers thing, rather than a general CTYI thing anyway.

Oh, and I would, but I'm broke and not in DUblin. But tis a nice idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

it's sounds like an awesome idea! i hope it works for you guys! alas, i won't be in the country, so i can't participate *pout* good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

so howd this thing go anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Better Question: Did this thing go anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

it didnt.

Advertisement