Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Messenger?!!!

Options
  • 02-12-2004 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

ok. I'm registered on Vodafone Messenger and cannot remember registering! but I must have :rolleyes: moment of madness obviously.

I'm being pestered with spamming notifications of new messages from Tom, Dick and Harry and cannot stop them!! I can't log on to messenger on the vodafone.ie website.. it will not open the window in explorer and will go as far as the window but cannot go any farther in firefox.. it isn't supported ...

so besides spending a fortune individually blocking all of the pesky message senders is there any way of sorting this out!!!

yes yes I know I could just ring the helpline .. as they no longer have an on-line customer care service via e-mail..
    but I don't have any credit.. and can't afford to buy it at the moment either! :mad:

sorry for the rant ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Same thing happens with me. Except I moved to meteor so I can't log into messenger to stop them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

feylya wrote:
    Same thing happens with me. Except I moved to meteor so I can't log into messenger to stop them :rolleyes:
    yep I'm 3/4 of the way in my move to Meteor!! but keeping my vodafone sim in use cos of 300 free web messages..

old habits die hard.. that is all vodafone is!!

The 300 hundred free texts are nice. But the 9000 or so free texts I've sent since June are nicer :D

true!! just have to convince everyone to move to Meteor!!
    but having said that.. not sure when I'll give up the 087 card.. just haven't topped it up in months! poor poor vodafone bast***s eh! use and abuse... the only way ;) 'specially with the customer care system they have.. it's ridiculous. Ring them and you'll be kept waiting for ages.. then you get through and have to get put on hold as they check something.. bye bye credit..

A useful post from bubbles :eek:

• Advertisement

bubbles* wrote:
    I think the only thing you can do is log into messanger on your phone via WAP and edit your profile so you seem less attractive to people - a 60yr old male would do. Don't think i came across anything that makes messanger stop sending you messages.
    But then again its nearly 2 years since I've last used it

thanks for that!!
    just a quick queston though.. how do I log in via wap.. and alter profile! I've never used it.. can't remember ever registering.. so who knows what my profile is set at!!! probably my real info :eek:

bubbles* wrote:
    This is actually the 9th or 10th helpfull post I made in the last 2 days... remember that when it comes to karma people. Also, you can just ring vodafone and make them turn it off
    think I'll probably have to.. but that means topping up by €10.. which would last so much longer if I could top up my meteor account.. or do you have to ring from your 087 account?

/me ponders...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

You can ring from a landline for the cost of a local call 1850 208787.

The reason it might not be opening in explorer is because its a probally a pop up window and explorer could be blocking it, I never used vodafone messenger myself so don't really know much more about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If the web client won't open, make sure you are using Microsoft's JVM and not Sun's..

If the web client won't open, make sure you are using Microsoft's JVM and not Sun's..
    sorry I'm lost what is that!!! :confused:

• Advertisement

Ha. Try it on a different computer :)

Or just download Vodafone Messenger :D

I tried downloading vodafone messenger
    that won't work either cos it won't connect!!! damn Vodafone out to get me!!! :mad: ;)

this is what I said in my query...
    I cannot open the window regarding windows
    messenger. I have been getting spam messenger messages
    and cannot block them. Can't afford to send block
    messages from my mobile.

this is the answer I got...
    Thank you for contacting us with your query.

You can move the sender to your 'Ignorelist'.
    This will block you from receiving any further
    messages from them.

PC : Select the Friend, click on the asterisk in
    the bottom right hand corner and select 'Add to
    ignore list.' (To move them back select 'Show
    ignore list' and then 'add to Friends list')
    WAP: Select the Friend then Options> Ignore>Move.
    (To move back into Friends list go to My
    settings>ignore list >move)
    Text Message: Send 'block nickname' to 51233.
    'black' can also be used. ( To move back into
    Friends list send 'a nickname' to 51233
    does that answer my question?

Mmm, helpful :rolleyes:

the main problem is.. it's not "a friend" .. it's about 20 random people. I don't have a clue who they are!!! and they send about 2 messages each a day. so every time I turn on my phone there are 6 or 7 messages from messenger. :mad:

I have the same problem. Except now I'm on Meteor and can't text or log on :rolleyes:

feylya wrote:
    I have the same problem. Except now I'm on Meteor and can't text or log on :rolleyes:
    oh no not Meteor acting up too! I can log in to meteor.ie no problem though... just tried there..

No, I meant since I moved to Meteor and kept my 087 number, I can't log in with Vodafone to stop the messenger texts.

[trance and cold sweat]

The first time you log into the PC Client after downloading it, enter your number as 35387xxxxxxx and your normal password..

Once it logs in, it will update. Then use 087xxxxxxx as the mobile number.

I know its thick!! But thats the solution..

If you have since moved to an alternative network, call Vodafone and their second line team will be able to delete your number.

[/trance and cold sweat]how did I remember that :eek:

fair play.. I must do tha when I'm sober!! sounds like it would work. cheer jesrs thats gre !!!

• Advertisement

Thank you for contacting us with your query.

If you do decide after disconnection that you
    wish to use the service again you will need to
    register as a new user. To deactivate Vodafone
    Messenger send 'On' to 51233 to logon, then send
    'Dactiv' to 51233 to remove yourself from the service.

If you have any further queries, please call us
    on CallSave 1850 20 87 87 between 08:00hrs to
    22:00hrs and we will be happy to assist you.

Yours sincerely

their final answer.. think I'll have to just top up and do that.. prob the easiest. ringing them will prob end up in gettin the same advice!
    oh and Jesus_thats_gre I tried logging in like that.. no luck I'm afraid.. it's something to do with the connection.. I dunno!
    I'm still using the sim so don't want it disconnected!!

The sim wont be disconnected, the messenger service will just be deactivated..

I maybe picking you up wrong though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

feylya wrote:
    The 300 hundred free texts are nice. But the 9000 or so free texts I've sent since June are nicer :D

Wow, you will not get warning messages that you're not using the free Meteor text for "personal purposes"?

Well, looking at my message counter on my phone, since June 1st this year, I've sent 12874 messages and received 35338 and they haven't said a word.

Advertisement