Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

software for administrating Webcafe

Options
  • 02-12-2004 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

anybody know of a software for administrating a Webcafe (ie all the networked pcs internet access) ??

tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

moving to nets/comms. may have more of a response there.

edit: oops, stupid spelling mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cybera/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cyborg/

Are two I came across. I've no idea how good or bad they are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Are you looking for a pre paid card type solution, or just a screen card or trying to keep tabs on what computers are being accessed when?

Might be worth your while looking into a custom solution, there are some net shield products out there as well at the moment nethouse use a net shield product as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Net House (and quite a few other Irish cafes I've seen) use Cafe Manager and its companion Screen Shield program, seems to be a very popular piece of software. It's got a load of accounting and member-tracking stuff built in as well which can be handy. If it's just a basic time tracking program you're after, there are probably tons of free/cheaper alternatives though (e.g. blacknight's links), Cafe Manager is designed more as a full-featured management system for large cafes. Send all the traffic through a linux-based proxy to control access and bandwidth and you're laughing.

Advertisement