Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel Vs AMD SLi style

Options
  • 02-12-2004 12:40pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

God im really stuck here:Had a list of goodies for my new comp (hopefully Jan)

I was heading for the 3.4 (775) and DDR2 with a 915p/925x mobo
    Then started looking at the AMD64 3500+ Winchester (SWEET)
    But now the f*ckers in Intel are bringing out a new P4 with a L2 cache of 2mb :eek: So thats goin ta drive down the market big time and Gigabyte have gone SLi. Wanted the comp for mostly games but need severe rendering power for college (CAD and ProEngineer),Keepin in mind want Sli mobo caus can only afford one 6800gt at d mo but thinking ahead for another come summer time;) Any help anyone?

Gigabyte SLi & Intels New P4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Getting this badboy myself - Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/ASUS_Socket_939.html

*nice review here... http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=98&type=expert

DDR2 still sounds a bit meh... at the moment tbh :confused:

CC

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

SweetnForce 4 drool,mmmmmmmmmm........................

The only place the AMD falls down is the Renering which is a bitch.
    Really want an all rounder for gaming and rendering.
    Oh well i will just have to wait and see what the prices do and take it from there,what you sticking in the nForce4 2*6800gt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yer i was thinkin of 2 gt's, but it really depends on how much i sell my ultra for...if i got a good price for it id' go mad and get 2 ultras... ;)

CC

Advertisement