Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2 Co-Op Splitscreen

Options
  • 02-12-2004 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

I was playing a co-op game of Halo 2 a few nights ago and i couldnt find the option anywhere to change the style of splitscreen from vertical to horizontal...

Does anyone know where this option is???

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There isn't an option for it which is ridiculous since horizontal splitting is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

whether the game is played in splitscreen mode or vertical mode is determined by what TV setting is used in the Xbox dashboard. Widescreen will get you verticle, normal will give you horizontal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I got used to the split screen in Halo 2 towards the end of the game.

Ahh the memories of Retrogamer chasing me around like a lunatic, and impaling me on his light sabre ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm a bit too twitchy playing FPS games. The minute I saw something move in front of my view I'd have to hit it. It was usually praetorian walking in front of me and I'd spank him with the energy sword before I realised it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Thanks guys... I was thinking it might be something along those lines...

It was nuts.. with the vertical split screen you had no peripheral vision... I know you have a radar etc, but you still need to see to the sides.. very annoying to say the least..

Because of the vertical splitscreen, i took my co-op partner out of it a few times with the sword alright... :p

thanks for the widescreen tip, must check that out... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Change from Widescreen to 4:3 in the dashboard(bios).

Didn't know about the 4:3 and 16:9 thing. Extremely silly thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah i know. in halo there was a split screen option in the menu when you pressed the start button, or even before you began the campaign...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Some COOP games are good vertical but must be large tv 32" or higher.

kdjac

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

i use 32" widescreen and 2 player sucks with vertical split. you completely lose your field of vision. pain iin the ass to have to keep changing the dash...

• Advertisement
Advertisement