Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending Esat IOL BB contract

• 02-12-2004 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mburke

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know what the procedure for ending a contract with Esat IOL BB is, do they require one months notice or by any miracle they have a easy method of disconnecting. I have nearly finished my 12 month contract with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Email angela.keegan@esat.com and serve her 30 days notice while you are at it

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

You might want to also RING them?
    Isnt it obvious? Call 1904 and get disconnected that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

That's what I did on Monday when my 12 months was up. I was told to mail customer.care@esatbt.com. Got a response yesterday (Wednesday) saying that the service will be cancelled at the end of December. Give your name, address, phone number and, if you've ever been given one, customer number/account number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

When I cancelled a few months ago I mailed customer care, got the auto response then nothing. So on Mucks advice I mailed customer care again and CCd Angela. I got a very quick and polite response back from her PA shortly followed by disconnection date confirmation from customer care (yes, 30 days notice required).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

Why did you guys opt out?
    I just signed up for the free trial with esat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

They send a letter about 2 weeks before your trial ends. Details of how to cancel is in the letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

They're not talking about the free trial halkar, they're talking about ending the contract after 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

For me, NTL BB landed so it was a no-brainer. And with me having a brain ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Moved house into an area covered by IBB. Given I have no other use for a phone line I _really_ resented paying Eircom the rental for IOL BB! If however IBB falls through, I would go back to IOLBB.

I hope NTLBB is better than the TV service they provide :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyrecords

why do u think? people dont like 12month contracts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

My 12 month contract is also almost up... I've found their pings generally unacceptable, being left on hold for over a half hour until I hang up, unexplained and repeated downtime, no reciepts or invoices to show me what I'm being charged and what period that charge covers... and the price isn't exactly great.
    Time to lose another customer for your 12 months of neglect Esat, bye now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Dont get me started on EsatBT. I ordered broadband on 5th of november, I've been advised that it will be another 2-3 weeks before I get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

errorcom have obviously taken their foot off the pedal.

They needed 100,000 connections before xmas, now that they have them they can go back to the same sh!te service they were giving to other operators before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

SantaHoe wrote:
    My 12 month contract is also almost up... I've found their pings generally unacceptable, being left on hold for over a half hour until I hang up, unexplained and repeated downtime, no reciepts or invoices to show me what I'm being charged and what period that charge covers... and the price isn't exactly great.
    Time to lose another customer for your 12 months of neglect Esat, bye now :)

Personally I've never had real problems, except for one night when the connection dropped in the middle of a poker tournament and didn't come back up until it was over!!!

a lot of deep breaths were required..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well this is the problem for people who play online fps games where milliseconds count, most people won't notice ping spikes and packetloss while doing normal web stuff, so it's never going to be a major priority for an ISP... but for us it's a few weeks of "I'm not even going to bother playing with this lag".

JackieChan wrote:
    Dont get me started on EsatBT. I ordered broadband on 5th of november, I've been advised that it will be another 2-3 weeks before I get it!

I'm in the same boat but they did say 25 working days for connection

JackieChan wrote:

Get ready for frustration as it'll probably take 4 weeks...but hey its free...

Advertisement