Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triple H on Off the Record

• 02-12-2004 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Triple H taped his interview with Michael Landsberg for an upcoming edition of 'Off The Record' yesterday. TSN have already released two minutes of footage from the interview in which Triple H admits to having backstage influence but claimed he doesn't play political games or sabotage other wrestlers careers. Ho hum...

Here is a mini-transcript of what was released:

Landsberg: Are you a top writer with influence on Raw?

Triple H: Yes

Landsberg: Do you do what is best for the WWE or what is best for Triple H

Triple H: It's a filter, everything goes through Vince and Vince will always do what is right for the business. I'm readily accepting I will not be the top guy for any given period of time but I'm a big star and I will always be a big
    star in the industry.

Landsberg: Players and coaches don’t always work though...

Trips: It is human nature to lose perspective sometimes you can easily lose perspective and I would accept anyone saying that to me, including Vince McMahon.

Landsberg: Does Triple H like the fans?

Triple H: The fans don’t know me. They don’t work with me on a daily basis. I don't sabotage people or use my powers in the WWE for my sole benefit.

The Slam Wrestling website has an article up covering the red carpet premiere of "Blade: Trinity" last night in Toronto. Vince McMahon was quoted as saying: "(Triple H) is a star, what do you want? He's a megastar, both in and around the wrestling ring, outside the wrestling ring. He has charisma
    and things of that nature. He's just a huge star, far beyond what Hollywood is accustomed to. We'll be seeing a lot more of Triple H."

Link: http://tinyurl.com/524kn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Oh right, so he does'nt sabotage people or use his powers in the WWE for his sole benefit.

Well i'm glad he cleared that up, just like Richard Nixon cleared things up when he said he was'nt a crook...

I have to say though, as much as i hate the way he dominates Raw week after week, ya have to hand it to the guy, he's a great definition of the american dream, never mind JBL or Dusty Rhodes (!).
    From having the KOTR '96 taken away from him for the MSG incident and jobbing to a bin man and pig farmer every week - to main eventing 90 per cent of PPV's nowadays and nussling up to the boss' daughter's pillows every night.Genius work really.

Bret Hart is on next week, did the interviewer ask HHH anything about him to try and get Bret to respond on the next show?

Always find it funny in "Wrestling with Shadows", when Bret's wife tackles HHH outside the dressing room in Montreal and tells him "what goes around comes around".I think she'll be waiting for that , but interesting how she knew he was abad egg back then, was it just because he was a Clique lacky or was he already bedding Steph by then and everyone knew it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

HHH is great, it's not that he keeps people down, it's that there isn't anybody good enough to rise to the top.

Sure, Cactus, just like no one from '88 to '84 was good enough to rise to the top except the Immortal Thunderlips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

D-FENS wrote:
    From having the KOTR '96 taken away from him for the MSG incident and jobbing to a bin man and pig farmer every week

I wouldn't mind, but he did all those BEFORE Madison Square Garden in May 96. The Hog farmer was in December 95 and The binman was January 96. So i'd love to know the explanation for that.

Even Jobbing to the Wowyah was before his punishment, so i'd like to know if something happened even before that!

VR!

I don't think wrestling Godwin and Duke the dumpster was necessarily punishment for anything, just made sense for the hick/blue collar mid carders to fight the snob mid carder (plus I don't think he jobbed to them every time, and he may have won the overall programs with both, but even being associated with them is a tarnish to the modern day "Game").
    And there was no shame in jobbing to the Warrior, in ’96 anyway. That’s like Maven jobbing to HHH last week, not punishment for him, he should be glad he’s in the same ring as him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

well if as he claims hes not sabotaging anyones career, id hate to see what hed be like if he was actually trying

shin

D-FENS wrote:
    I don't think wrestling Godwin and Duke the dumpster was necessarily punishment for anything, just made sense for the hick/blue collar mid carders to fight the snob mid carder (plus I don't think he jobbed to them every time, and he may have won the overall programs with both, but even being associated with them is a tarnish to the modern day "Game").
    And there was no shame in jobbing to the Warrior, in ’96 anyway. That’s like Maven jobbing to HHH last week, not punishment for him, he should be glad he’s in the same ring as him.

Are you sh*tting me? While WWE was coming up with retarded characters and storylines (T.L Hopper eating a log out of a swimming pool for everyone to then discover it was a Babe Ruth bar anyone?), WCW were preparing for an invasion angle which would be breaking ground for the nWo. Warrior was long past his sell by date in 1996 and was only brought back in to try and increase ratings, he was turfed out about 2 months later for no-showing. So how you can compare that to Maven V. HHH is a tad laughable!

VR!

D-FENS wrote:
    Sure, Cactus, just like no one from '88 to '84 was good enough to rise to the top except the Immortal Thunderlips.

nope cause ole mr nanny was too good, he was on the sun, while everyone else were trying to get to the top of everest.

similar with thriple H, while benoit and co. are great, they are not great enough. (let's face it they're not The Rock, or Stone Cold)

Cactus Col wrote:
    nope cause ole mr nanny was too good, he was on the sun, while everyone else were trying to get to the top of everest.

similar with thriple H, while benoit and co. are great, they are not great enough. (let's face it they're not The Rock, or Stone Cold)

Benoit is ten times better in-ring wise than Rock was or ever will be! The only thing holding back Benoit is lack of charisma. Sad thing is, i thought he was great with Angle in 2001 where he robs his medals and stuffs them down his tights. He needs to do more of that and he'd be insanely over!

VR!

Are you sh*tting me? While WWE was coming up with retarded characters and storylines (T.L Hopper eating a log out of a swimming pool for everyone to then discover it was a Babe Ruth bar anyone?), WCW were preparing for an invasion angle which would be breaking ground for the nWo. Warrior was long past his sell by date in 1996 and was only brought back in to try and increase ratings, he was turfed out about 2 months later for no-showing. So how you can compare that to Maven V. HHH is a tad laughable!

VR!

Thanks, VR, I was aware of why the Warrior was brought back in ‘96 and how disappointing and unreliable he was. But the fact remains he was still a big name in wrestling back then, even after missing for a few years, certainly a bigger name than the mid carder Hunter Hearst Helmsley.So whether the golden son-in-law looks back at the match now and cringes, it was the biggest match of his career up to that point, squash job or no squash job.
    If Warrior had come back and beat HBK or Bret in seconds, that would have been punishment and embarrassing, but who the hell was HHH in ‘96? Nobody, that's who, he should have been grateful of being on the WM card with such a big name.
    Just like Maven would have been grateful to get his title match with HHH,

Sorry if you find that amusing.

• Advertisement

D-FENS wrote:
    But the fact remains he was still a big name in wrestling back then, even after missing for a few years, certainly a bigger name than the mid carder Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

I dunno, Warrior had been gone too long, and yeah, he got a good pop for his comeback, but after that night, the nostalgia trip was long over. Triple H was on his way up the midcard at that stage, please bear in mind that he was 9 months in the company and he was on the upper midcard of the biggest card of the year. Nowadays thats no big deal but then, it was very hard to do.
    So whether the golden son-in-law looks back at the match now and cringes, it was the biggest match of his career up to that point, squash job or no squash job.

I'd disagree there, you could have put him in there with Duke The Dumpster Drose and it'd have been just as meaningful, seeing as he went on to feud with Marc Mero the following week. Warrior had nothing to do with it whereas he'd win the IC belt from Mero in months to come.
    he should have been grateful of being on the WM card with such a big name.

Had it been three years earlier, yes, but Warrior was as good as nobody in 1996, why don't you admit that? How many people actually gave a crap about that match anyway? The free for all match was more interesting. Hell, they gave Tatanka a near two year undefeated streak before his first loss and he didn't have half the talent Paul Levesque has. And no, i'm not a HHH fan, i hate him like most. But credit where it's due, he deserved better that year.
    Just like Maven would have been grateful to get his title match with HHH,
    Sorry if you find that amusing.

I'm sorry that you're sorry.
    VR!

I'm not going to dissect and reply to everyone of your sentences the way you have , VR.
    I don't agree with you and I've said everything i wanted to say on this and standby my comments

Cheers

Benoit is ten times better in-ring wise than Rock was or ever will be! The only thing holding back Benoit is lack of charisma.
    VR!

Exactly my point.

D-FENS wrote:
    I'm not going to dissect and reply to everyone of your sentences the way you have , VR.
    I don't agree with you and I've said everything i wanted to say on this and standby my comments

Cheers

Fair enough, but i too stand by mine as the facts speak for themselves.
    VR!

Cactus Col wrote:
    Exactly my point.

It's too bad that mics skills are so important to get you over. Because being realistically, had Bret survived his concussion and stroke, he wouldn't last ten seconds in the business today as he was a whiney little bitch on the mic :)

And the trial period has now expired, 100 posts.
    This has been NeroTheExtreme... over and out :)

It's too bad that mics skills are so important to get you over. Because being realistically, had Bret survived his concussion and stroke, he wouldn't last ten seconds in the business today as he was a whiney little bitch on the mic :)

And the trial period has now expired, 100 posts.

I'm sure you'll yank the chains of a few Bret fans with a comment like that, but speaking personally as a huge fan of his , i always enjoyed his mic time.

He always held his own when exchaning words with someone and the only time i remember him whinging was after Montreal, and good j***s i don't want to start talking about that again.

If you're referring to the tone of his voice , he might'nt have had the voicebox of a horse like HBK , but he was'nt exactly Pee Wee Herman either.

As for him lasting more than ten minutes if he came back , i would'nt want to see him on screen for the whole two hours of a show, wheither he could still wrestle or not, but i think it would be the best ratings WWE has seen in years and he'd have a successful place on the show for some time ( and i don't mean as the guy who cleans the toilets )

NeroTheExtreme/Validreasoning - our very own Andre/Giant Machine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

you obviously havent seen any bret promos have you.the man could get his point across well in 30 seconds if need be, not like your bithch hbk.validreasoning im seriously beginning to think your in love with hbk, and you feel you have to bithch about bret at every occassion.
    how is he a whiny bitch.
    its wwe that keep bringing up the screwjob at every chance, not bret
    bottom line is

the rock, steve austin and hogan are the biggest draws wwe ever had.

followed by bret, foley and taker

followed by hbk, and i know you dont like this, but he's an extremely mediocre
    draw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

says alot for Mr. McMahon in Law

Advertisement