Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a little bit of drum, a little bit of bass....

Options
  • 12-03-2001 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

Kinetic presents: PESHAY w/ residents Razor and Rosko - HQ Thursday April 5th 2001

Peshay makes his Kinetic debut on Thursday April 5th at HQ, Middle Abbey St. With the popularity of the jazzier, more musical sound coming to the fore in 2001, Kinetic are delighted to welcome one of the originators of this sound back to Dublin. Peshay has been around from the start with releases on numerous labels ranging from James Lavelle’s Mo Wax to Goldie’s Metalheadz. It’s his album, "Miles From Home" that went some way to bridging the gap between drum n’ bass and other contemporary sounds. In other words, Peshay’s music doesn’t just appeal to the hard core junglist but also to those who are less familiar with the style.

Peshay has remixed everyone from John Coltrane to DJ Shadow and will most definitely have some fresh remixes in his box when he arrives at HQ on the first Thursday in April. With a new album in the pipeline, he has taken some time away from the studio to come back to Dublin, where he first appeared over 5 years ago at the very first Quadraphonic night in the Kitchen.

He’s supported on the night by Razor (fresh from his last appearance at Fabio’s club Swerve) and established Kinetic resident Rosko.

PESHAY, RAZOR and ROSKO

Thursday April 5th @ HQ, 57 Middle Abbey St.

Full Bar ‘till 3am

Doors: 11.30

adnans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adnans:
    Peshay has remixed everyone from John Coltrane</font>

HOW can you remix Coltrane? What Coltrane tracks has he remixed? I wanna hear them.

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

very demanding person DadoKopf smile.gif anything can be remixed these days. just ask son of blam there wink.gif

i cant find the remix pasha did but i know there's a mix from 4hero: john coltrane - naima (4hero remix), i hope you have more luck finding it then me

adnans

[This message has been edited by adnans (edited 12-03-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

slap bang in the middle of my finals.
    damn. damn and triple damn.

think I'd still go if Kormac was playing as well tho smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adnans:
    there's a mix from 4hero: john coltrane - naima (4hero remix)</font>

jaysus, coltrane's Naima is some crazy sheeat - how the hell could someone remix that.

i wonder if there are any free jazz dj's - that'd be cool.

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Who's going tonight?

• Advertisement

Few of my mates are going.. I'd be there if it wasn't for the fact that I'm in the middle of my finals.
    Should be one bloody excellent set and a kickin night. Damnit.

hate to bring old threads back up to the top, but couldnt be arsed making a new one when this will suffice...

had the great pleasure of seeing Mayhem & Splyce on the decks last night in DCU as part of a hiphop night thing.. only the second time I'd seen them together (first being in trinity at DMC heats), and wow, one goddamn amazing set, best part of two hours of pure scratching mayhem, two of them trading decks several times throughout.. easily some of the best dj acts I have ever seen live.

Creative Control were on then.. two MCs, with Mayhem backing them up on the decks, the soundsetup was a bit dodgy so couldnt hear a word they were saying.. good tho, got the crowd off their feet anyway smile.gif

Then Kormac came up.. wow (again), not his usual drum n' bass stuff unfortunaly (see above posts for that) but a bloody great hiphop spin instead, throwing in everything from Nothing But a G Thing to Gomez' Whippin Picadilly, all suitably scratched and layered with some kickin beats.. absolutely perfectly done as well.. i was sittin there stunned when he threw Gomez on smile.gif
    loads more classic tracks were added as well... if only i could remember them, one extremely brilliant set alltogether, reaffirming him imo as quite possibly the best hiphop/DnB DJ in Ireland currently.

anyway back to the point.. adnans know if Mays Kinetic is going ahead? (no more exams = no excuse)

Advertisement