Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom free trial, not so free

• 02-12-2004 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

just spent the last hour on the phone to eircom....
    just finished a 2 month free trial and got my bill
    and yep, i was being charged for the "free" trial.....
    anyone had a similiar exprience?

and an hour on the phone ? their customer service is pretty pathetic...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

ive spent close to an hour being reassured that my call is important to them
    theyre morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah constantly "your call is important to us"
    my arse it is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Do they have a customer service email address? How much were you charged for the "free" trial? I was thinking of trying the Esat Bt free trial, did anyone have any problems with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

Enii wrote:
    Do they have a customer service email address?
    Unfortunately not. After about 10 calls to eircom ("Your call is important to us") and talking to about 10 different people, each time explaining my problem from the very beginning, :mad:
    I asked could I write to them. Could they give me an email address to write to? No. (I sent an email to billing@eircom.ie, it didn't bounce, but I heard nothing back either. Having said that, my two queries to support@u.tv didn't get an answer yet either.)
    Could they give me a postal address to write to? No. I have to go through the same hassle every time. (One hint - ring them from a mobile and you don't have to go through the nonsence of calling out your account number to a machine.) :cool:
    Eventually they told me they could write an internal email on my behalf. Could I be copied? No.
    And this is a private company, not (officially anyway) P&T!
    Very frustrated. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dubadub

Nothing in this life is free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement