Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of Weezer ? If not WHY NOT ?

Options
  • 14-04-2001 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Weezer are touring if ne one is interested:
    July 3rd - Sheperds Bush Empire
    July 4th - Sheperds Bush Empire
    July 5th - Sheperds Bush Empire

I'm going on the 5th. WAN

Which ******* made my bed so comfortable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I heard of em.
    They had a song on a Christmas album a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

if u are a big weezer fan it must really be irritating to hear ppl say "well i only heard of buddy holly" i have a big mix cd that was leant to me but i dont know any of the songs names but they are good
    maybe u can recommend an album to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Brummers

yea, it really does... anyway currently Weezer have only made 2 albums:
    Weezer - Weezer
    Weezer - Pinkerton

However at the end of May they are releasing another album with a single, "Hash Pipe". go buy them biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Weezer are one of my favourite bands - my brother knows the lead singer in real life smile.gif
    i have both of their albums, and a few singles which are on neither of the albums (Jamie,Hash Pipe, Suzanne)
    I won't be able to see them because i'll be in america
    some of their stuff is not brilliant, but a lot of it is
    i strongly recommend both of their albums.
    btw, i never heard them on teh radio b4 (except for buddy holly) until i went to Trinlan, and during the short time i spent in the hall there, I heard them play a song from weezer's second album, so they're probably fairly well known in dublin smile.gif

Thats a damn shame, i can't wait to go and see them. It's pretty annoying how 'Geffen' their record label doesn't promote them, cos' they could be very well known with the right promotion, as they obviously have the talent. Instead the radio is clogged up with Westlife and Steps smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Weezer's first album is fairly decent alright - I used to listen to it a good bit when I lived in the States.

I saw the lead singer's side project play support to RHCP in Boston in '96. What was there name? Something beginning with 'R' anyway. They were okay - not as good as Weezer though.

They had a song called 'Friends of P' if that helps anyone to name them.

I'm the Dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭sUrGe

weezer are my favorite band of all time!!!!

i only have there first album but i heard that the second one is s**t

how much are the tickets and were are they playing???

tongue.giftongue.gif **sUrGe** tongue.giftongue.gif

=sUrGe=

The second album is amazing, and the they are playing three dates at the Shepherds Bush Empire (3/4/5 of July) the tickets cost £12.50, (www.ticketweb.co.uk) and search for Weezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Unfortunately I grew to loath Weezer as their video was in AVI format on the original retail Windows 95 cd-rom, which I supported at an outsourced Microsoft callcentre.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yep, they are Bill Gates favorite band too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

The sweater song was the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

weezer are the greatest band of all time...

if you are weezer, their new album, the green album which is scheduled for release 15th may, is presently available for download on napster, entirely...you must actually be Weezer however because the illegal distribution of mp3's is ruining our corporate music publishers...

dshbrdconfessional is forever in my bad books because his connection craped out 78% through "o lisa" fu<kem

"The post you have just read is true... and by true, I mean false, it's all lies... but they're entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer... is no..."

Yea, i know unfortunately last time i tried to download Hash Pipe and the quality was so ****e that i decided not to bother getting any other songs. Is the quality good on the new stuff ?

In a dark dark place, in a dark dark house, in a dark dark room, in a dark dark cupboard, in a dark dark shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

my name is jonas is one damn good song.
    i thought they split up a couple of years back and the lead singer formed an american super furry animals styled band.

speakin of sfa are they playin in dublin any time soon ?

<sig>Insert witty signature here</sig>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by daveirl:
    They were called The Rentals. Not too great IMHO. Weezer however are brilliant. Best CD I have to listen to before a night out.

They are fairly big in Cork too. They Always get played in the Alternative music venues here.
    </font>

Dave! tis James biggrin.gif
    i didn't know u posted on the boards! u must lend me some of yar CD's of this kind of music, because i need some good new music to listen to

Advertisement