Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst cover version... ever!!!

Options
  • 23-04-2001 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Ok - so we've all heard Westlife crucify Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl" and that old chap warbling U2's "One"... and who can forget the absolutely diabolical DANCE version of Don McLean's "American Pie" (and I'm not even talking about Madonna's sub-standard version there)...

But what do you lot think would make it for you as the worst cover version of all time? The lines are open!

Bard

"We had a caller in from ahhh.. Clontarf, I think it was..."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Fat Boy Slim - Bird Of Prey (The Doors)
    Wyclef Jean - Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)

nothing comes close to the cringe factor of both of these... well maybe the dance version of Fields Of Athenry.. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

LOL.Those crap "dance" groups who are about here in ireland and bugger those old traditional songs need shooting.Does "Bird of Prey" qualify? Its just a sample isnt it?
    anyway.....hmmmm...Thers so many.Look at any manufactured band of the 90's and you'll see they have many many crap covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Nothing can truly compare with the horror that was The Corrs version of "Little Wing"

For those who were spared this, imagine the classic Hendrix version, minus the drums, minus the electric guitar, and replace with blatantly simple acoustic guitar "riff/joke", and the crooning vocals of the one whose name I can never remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Daphne and celeste

Schools out for summer ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭PostmanPat

Darius

"Baby one more time"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

ANYTHING by Puff Daddy...

Remember Come With Me???

UUuUgHGHGUuuuuuu|UUuuughGHHghghhh....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Old Town, the Thin Lizzy classic savagely butchered and ripped to shreds by the Corrs.
    Or maybe the horror that was The Happy Mondays desecration of The Boys Are Back In Town.
    nuff said

<sig>Insert witty signature here</sig>

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I heard Ronan Keating did a version of Fairy Tale of New York,
    Ggod Help Us All

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven. Go downlaod it right now. its sooooo bad its acctually fepping great biggrin.gif

- EDIT Of course you can only do this if u are acctually rolf harris himself.

[This message has been edited by Zapper (edited 24-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

i agree stairway to heaven was viciously rap3d by rolf harris, oh my fuppin god that was an attrocity beyond words. rolf and his wibbly wobbly board frown.gif

- wibbly wobbly, wibbly wobbly, wibbly wobbly, wibbly wobbly,

rolf - "and shes buying the stairway to heaven"

rolf - "whats she doing lads"

backup - "shes buying the stairway to heaven"

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly
    And she's buying a stairway to heaven
    wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly wibbly wobbly

plyd Jimmy - you're version of it using your incredibly floppy hair was just as bad though...

flippy floppy flippy floppy flippy floppy flippy floppy
    And she's buying a Corsa to bring her to heaven
    flippy floppy flippy floppy flippy floppy flippy floppy

Anyway...

It has to be All Saint's "Under The Bridge"

I nearly cried when I heard it.

Worst cover version EVER!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I think im the only person in the world to actually like the all saints version of under the bridge. I think its mildly clever for a cover.
    and bard, Johnny Cash's version of One is amazing smile.gif

Every time i think of worst cover version Aslan spring unbidden to mind. Take your pick, its either the desecration of Pink Floyd (oh hoiw oi woish yis were he-are noiw)
    or Angeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. both ****e.
    Will Smiths version of Wild West deserves a special mention for being so godawful too.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dustaz:
    Every time i think of worst cover version Aslan spring unbidden to mind. Take your pick, its either the desecration of Pink Floyd (oh hoiw oi woish yis were he-are noiw)
    </font>

Nooooooooooooo, its so bad I couldn't bring myself to mention it, and actually it makes Wyclefs seem that much better (although the darkside of the moon rap halfway still makes me want to shoot the guy), as at least he done it in his own style as opposed to trying to copy the perfection of Waters.

Also theres a cover of Echoes (greatest song of all time) by Big Ass Truck (an american lo-fi outfit) and is quite possible the biggest act of sacrilige I have ever subjected myself to listen to (for the purpose of making the original sound even better).

Another unhonorable mention goes to "Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade" and their cover of Pigs (3 Different Ones).

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Oh, another person has echoes as their best song of all time too? Its undeniable isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

without a doubt, its Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by the Star Trek guy.. Shatner

i'm serious, it is the worst ever recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Limp Bizkit - Faith

awful. awful. awful.

/me shakes head and walks away

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dustaz:

and bard, Johnny Cash's version of One is amazing smile.gif
    </font>

Amazing that he got to the end of it without falling over maybe...

As a version of a U2 song, it REEKED... BIG-time.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

illkillya.. Shatner has even better ones..
    Put A Little Love In Your Heart
    or Everybodys Talking or
    even It Was A Very Good Year.
    Personally I think they're so cringeworthy its hilarious wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

What did ye prefer the version of 'i still havent found' bard? smile.gif And for the record, hes about to fall over any day now frown.gif I still think hes great tho.
    agree Kali, shatner rocks. Anyone see the MTV awards where he 'sang' the nominations for best song? Class TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Joe Dolan massacring Everybody Hurts has to rank up there

• Advertisement
Advertisement