Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10? No way could I just pick 10....

Options
  • 27-04-2001 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

Here are some people that me and Baby Jesus both think kick ass:

Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Faith No More, DJ Shadow, Tribe Called Quest, Jurrasic 5, Buckfunk 3000/Si Begg (same dude), Luke Vibert/Wagon Christ, Stereolab, My Bloody Valentine, Tortoise, Mouse on Mars, Miles Davis, Bill Evans, Theolonious Monk (I know I spelt his name wrong), Helmet, NWA, Decal (Irish dudes), Funkstorung, Markant, Phoenecia, Richard Devine, Push Button Objects, Jega, Squarepusher, Plaid, Anthony Rother, Cylob, DMX Krew (not DMX the rapper, he's a fool), Leila, Mercury Rev, Mike Dredd, Four Tet, Pole, John McEntire, Anodyne (Irish dude), Kid606, V/VM, Horse Opera, Mu-Ziq, Jedi Knights, Lackluster, Stan Getz, The Pastels, The Delgados, Corneilius, While, Andrea Parker, Mira Calix, Gangstar, Red Snapper, Plone, Lalo Schifrin.

That's just a few of the better ones. And yes, most of them would be unknown to a lot of people, so feel free to respond with "Ah Blam, you're just posting up a load of unknown crap to make yourself look kool, man."

-Son of Blam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"Ah Blam, you're just posting up a load of unknown crap to make yourself look kool, man."

Cornelius though? sure they're absolutely mad and all but come on.. hehe wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭TARE

I'd like to download some of them to have a listen.

Any nice bassy drumy ones or any nice mellow music considering i like blur(last two albums), pixies, jeff buckley...

thanx
    BoB

Thats a big B a small o and a big B.......

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

aphex twin and boards of canada are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

WOW! ALL THAT AND I DON'T LIKE ONE???

Just pray I never jot down all the bands I listen to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

You honestly don't like Miles Davis?
    Have you even heard Kind Of Blue?
    And for someone into their "rock" music not to like My Bloody Valentine is rather strange.
    I honestly can't see how anyone could not like at least 5 or 6 groups from that list and if they don't then its simply because they haven't heard any of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:

I honestly can't see how anyone could not like at least 5 or 6 groups from that list and if they don't then its simply because they haven't heard any of it.
    </font>

I'd agree, there are a few I haven't heard.
    But for the majority, I don't really like, or listen to.
    I mean, Faith No More, Aphex Twin, My Bloody Valentine... Those are ok bands. But I don't particularly like them. I don't listen to them.

I could post an even bigger line-up than he has, and I doubt a lot of people would like my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Go on....i dare ya tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

You'd probably never think it but Kind of Blue was a 'heroin album'. So was A Love Supreme as well as anything by the Velvet Underground.

By the way Blam, nice tune smile.gif I have a lot to learn.

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

Advertisement