Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IS NAPSTER DEAD???

Options
  • 27-04-2001 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Can't find a ****ing thing on Napsta these days. What's the world coming to?

And I swear CD's are getting more expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well if your searching for Dre/Metallica and any major Sony artists then its gonna be that much harder, try searching on a per song or album basis with only half the word.. a lot of people are changing titles to get by restrictions.

Napster is still grand as far as im concerned for the majority of the stuff I do be getting although a lot of Todd Rundgren stuff seems to be disappearing too frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

it now time to move on. napster has been and gone. the 3 most popular spin off im aware of are WinMX, Morpheus and iMesh. i havent tried iMesh yet but winmx is quite good. it seems to be able to go around the filtering done by napster. i could be talking through my **** here but when i tried to get rem's new song using the original napster client it instantly says no matching songs found. but using the winmx client loads of them appeared!

<sig>Insert witty signature here</sig>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Yeah napster is getting picky.Try reversing the order of words in the title of something like that,that sometimes throws up some new ones.Shame really.On to the next wave of suppose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

Morpheus is great, quite similar to napster in its interface, only you can search for more than just audio.
    video, docements, pictures are available aswell
    but im fairly sure that the majority are audio based files.
    another great thing about it, you can resume a download if you get cut off, providing the guy you were dling off it still there of course. which they usually are
    its quite easy to use aswell, important for us lazy people smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I find if you just enter in the first few letters of the song that you are looking for you will have more success as for entering in the artists name this nearly always returns no results.Theres still plenty of music to be got off it its jsut a matter of fining it! Also it helps if ya have a few peeps on ur hotlist that are on cable and have a couple hundred songs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement