Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank transfer to German a/c?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yes, but you won't get the cheapie rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Zaph0d

I got the following reply from an email to IFSRA
    ifsra wrote:
    Thank you for your recent email regarding cross border transfers. I have been
    in touch with the Irish Payment Services Organisation and they have confirmed
    that under regulation 2560/2001/EU, a transfer made from an Irish bank account to
    a German bank account, quoting the IBAN and BIC numbers for the German account,
    should be charged at the same rate as a domestic transfer within Ireland. They
    also confirmed that no rule exists excluding transfers to business accounts
    from this regulation.

I would suggest that you first contact your branch with regard to this
    information and that if you are dissatisfied with their response that you escalate your
    complaint to Carmel Keating at AIB, Customer Care, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.

You can access publications on Cross Border Transfers on www.ipso.ie.
    So I'm going to get my 20 quid back from AIB: a little xmas present from the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

We also fell foul of Ulster bank when we recently arranged a transfer in euro from ireland to spain - we filled in the transfer form at the branch with full IBAN / BIC codes of the destination - the branch clerk had very little knowledge of how to complete the form - the transfer went through OK - but yesterday we got an advice that they are charging 19 euro -on the phone to Ulster bank this morning who said because the SWIFT code was not completed on the form then they had to look it up / complete - hence the 19 euro. But the transfer should have happened via IBAN and not SWIFT....I will ring them again with the info we have just learn from the www.ipso.ie website.

Advertisement