Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alien Spaceship Makes Man Break Speed Limit.

• 02-12-2004 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

The Northumbrian road safety wotsit have just publised a list of the top 10 excuses that they have gotten from motorists who were trying to get off a £60 fine and 3 points on the licence in the UK ....it goes when you get 12 points in 3 years.
    1. I had passed out after seeing flashing lights, which I believed to be UFOs in the distance. The flash of the camera brought me round from my trance.
    2. I was in the airport’s flight path and I believe the camera was triggered by a jet overhead, not my car.
    3. I had a severe bout of diarrhoea and had to speed to a public toilet.
    4. There was a strong wind behind my car which pushed me over the limit.
    5. My friend had just chopped his fingers off and I was rushing the fingers to hospital.
    6. The vibrations from the surfboard I had on the roof rack set off the camera.
    7. I had to rush my dying hamster to the vets.
    8. A violent sneeze caused a chain reaction where my foot pushed down harder on the accelerator.
    9. There was a suspected case of foot and mouth and I had to rush to see the cow concerned.
    10. The only way I could demonstrate my faulty clutch was to accelerate madly.

Story Here . Sadly nobody came up with any excuse involving pervey girlfriends etc like yer man in Mayo who confessed to the guard earlier this year that she was " pulling the flute off him " .

M

Advertisement