Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 Honda Accord

Options
  • 02-12-2004 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi

I currently own a Toyota Carina sli 1997
    It is a 1.6,156000 miles,Nct for the next 2 years
    I am thinking of selling and getting a 99 accord,a 1.8
    Has anyone driven one or what are they meant to be like
    Also what price shoul;d i look for the carina
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Heres a couple of 97 carinas for sale, you can use the prices as a gauge. Id also recommend you do a search on www.cbg.ie in the used car section, see what others are selling them for.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=50&MakeID=31&xMakeID=31&ModelID=261&xModelID=261&submit=Find+cars+%3E%3E

No idea on the Honda Accord im afraid, Ill let someone else answer that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

ncc98071 wrote:
    Toyota Carina

Are you selling the taxi plate with it? :p

seriously tho, with that much mileage on it youd be looking at getting about 2.5k for it

as for the accord solid reliable car without any major probs, wont light up your life or anything but wont let you down either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

just reliable car ,i wish it was slightly bigger as Interior space is only average . could be just me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

Cheers for the advise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

IMHO That 99 type was the best,I owned them all from 1990(I had all 2.0 models though).
    Only non routine job I had to get done on any of them was a starter rewound on the 1990 one which had over 200K on the clock.

Was looking forward to the present model-but when I saw it - thought it was butt ugly so bought an Audi A4 instead(not sorry yet)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

I had a 99 accord 1.8 LS for 4 years from new. Lovely motor. really enjoyed driving it. Get the revs past 4500 and its pretty nippy.
    I still like the looks.. a small (low) boot spoiler makes a huge difference t looks.
    Only problem I had in 4 years was the power steering pump started to squeak, but main dealer replaced it under warranty without question.

I changed in '03 for a new model 2.0 Exec ; The looks do grow on you, (not exactly "butt ugly") but its a much better drive.. better handling.. corners like its on rails ; Best motor I ever owned ; All mods cons as they say.

Good luck

Advertisement