Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyone can play guitar

Options
  • 27-04-2001 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

In colchester every man & his dog can play guitar. Why then does not a single soul anywhere else seem to play anymore?

I went down to the crossroads...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

damn, loads o' people i know seem to play...jeez lemme think...out of say my 20 best friends, maybe 15 play(including myself) i also know some bass players and drummers

Durty auld Morris drums... they're fu*kin' great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

Well,

I stand corrected.

I made the mistake of coming to medical college in London, & since then haven't met anyone really into it.

Ok, here's a tougher one - know anyone who plays fingerpicking acoustic guitar? (betcha don't)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Yes three or four people

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

anyone can play guitar.
    i think thom yorke said it best when he said just that,
    then again, he did want to be jim morrison.
    pretty poor choice considering hes dead.
    oh, and yes i know 2 or 3 people who finger pick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

vey true wwman, twas a great song, and it kinda inspired me not to give up when i started learnin to play

Well, it seems that Thom York knows the answer. One thing though - I'm still a nothing ):
    Cue Homer quote

"They lied to us through song! I hate it when they do that"

Keep on playing, with evil ******* record companies battling for the souls of musicians it lies with us to keep music alive!

*Don't let the *******s grind you down*

as my mother always says...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

yeah, bass is my main instrument.
    i bought a guitar 6 months ago and am trying to play a few songs smile.gif

Durty auld Morris drums... they're fu*kin' great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

was into picking myeslf but got bored with guitar over time, spend 12 years farting about with it but dont regret it, is still nice to be able to pick up a guitar and play some tunes, picking was very frustrating at times tho' but beautiful to listen to......now starting to think that flogging my stuff may be a bad idea.....

E.

Na, never flog your instrument (i'm sorry).

Seriously though, I get sick of it sometimes.
    Then I'll be sitting in a bar or something, & blues guitar will come on the radio. I'll just be sitting their thinking - I can play that, haha. Also, it majorly ****es off my friends who play electric guitar. I get much enjoyment from watching them flounce around on my acoustic, failing miserably to play a single clean note. Again - haha.

Besides all this, Nick Drake is one of the greatest musicians who ever died young.

*I woke up this morning with bullfrogs on my mind*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Most of my best friends at home are musicians (cause I am too). Pretty much all of them can play guitar, but not as their main instrument.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anyone can play guitar
    anyone can paint
    anyone can play quake
    anyone can write a book

It's who can do it well that's the issue wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

ya its just that with guitar a lot of ppl are scared off because they think it'll take years before they can play a tune. the point is guitar is'nt as hard as ppl think, although of course if you get into all the advanced stuff it can be the hardest thing in the world....

Advertisement