Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax Help

• 02-12-2004 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hey all

I need to get back my P45 from my last job but am getting no where with them. Currently I'm not being charged emergency tax anymore, but I was for the first 3 months and so I'm owed a few hundred euro tax.

Thing is, I dont have my P45 from my last job ( I lost it ;) ). I rang them numerous times, not to mention going in to the store and asking for it. That was 6 weeks or so ago and I still have not recieved anything. I was told it had been sent out from there head office in the UK (TK Maxx), but alas I'm still waiting :mad:

Is there anything I can do to get my tax back without the p45? I do have the P60 and my last few pay sips if that helps?

Perhaps theres some way I can make them take my request more seriously?

I need the money bad for Christmas and such.... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

probably more suited to the work forum.... but anywho

afaik if you lose your p45 its gone and the company doesnt have to give you a new one.. but if you request a statement of earnings from them its rought the same difference. but im sure they can take their sweet time in providing this as they already have provided you with the p45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Go to your local Revenue office and explain the situation. They can draw up an emergency one for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

forgot to mention that, just call them, give them your rsi number and they can send you out a notice of tax free allowance and present it to your current employer (who should get a copy anyway). then your employer should be able to give you back any emergency tax you paid while working for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Go to your local Revenue office and explain the situation. They can draw up an emergency one for you.
    Not even an emergency one really.
    Similar thing happened to me as to the thread starter.
    I went to the tax office and was tyold that all P45s (and I assume other tax doc.s) are now in electronic format on their database.
    Go in and they'll print you off a screenshot of it and datestamp it. This is as good as the "official" paper document your former employer has and can be used for anything that requires it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Set Budget year to 2004 and this'll calculate everything for you. ;)

http://www.esatclear.ie/~grabe/TaxCalc/TaxCalc.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement