Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use an Xbox Controller as a USB PC Gamepad

Options
  • 02-12-2004 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Thought some of ye might be interested in this simple mod..it basically turns the x-box controller into a usb pc gamepad ;) and still works with the xbox btw, full pc drivers are included on the page to DL aswell

http://www.ocmodshop.com/default.aspx?a=223

Iv used it on nfsu and flatout, it's really great, would be sweet for roms aswell...

:D
    CC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Just to save me the bother of actually reading the article, does the vibration function of these controllers work on the PC?
    I've got an Xbox controller here just begging to be modded, but I've already got a PS2 pad hooked up to my PC... will it cut the mustard tbh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:rolleyes: lazy fekker, yer the vibration does work, iv been using it more for nfsu and it's really sweet.Will be great with bloodrayne 2 and pop: warrior within...

CC

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Howhard is it to do this with a ps2 gamepad?
    Does the gamepad (ps2 and xbox) work with most games, like need for speed underground2, tony hawks etc?

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I hate to be practical, it's really not my style but... ClickMe !

And anyone with any cop on wouldn't push the iron through plastic like this guy does, use a drill for gods sake you'll ruin your soldering iron.

• Advertisement

jozi wrote:
    Howhard is it to do this with a ps2 gamepad?
    Dunno, I'm using a converter.
    The xbox controller looks like a doddle to convert since it's nothing more than a regular usb connection wired to a different plug.
    And anyone with any cop on wouldn't push the iron through plastic like this guy does, use a drill for gods sake you'll ruin your soldering iron.
    Not to worry, my soldering iron has years of crap melted and burned onto it already :)

Advertisement